Transfer nonsense, gossip & rumours

Superally

10 minutes ago, the saline hill puma said:

Think the same, first touch let him down at times but probably come with another couple games

Aye defo agree with that. Give him the Annan game at home and Albion away for his full 90 mins and should bring him on for the league starting 

• Upvote 1

Honestly think another 3 maybe 4 signings and we are looking in a really good position IMO. McGowan I think has looked okay in pre season too and would expect him to sign now. Another striker, winger and maybe a centre mid as I agree don’t think Paul Allan is quite ready for championship yet

• Upvote 1

O'halloran looked like he will add something to our attack.  I saw concerns from championship fans that suggested he was past it from his appearances in the last 6 months, that certainly doesn't look the case,  he's still more than able to hold the pace and whilst he got removed after a half you would think that was purely down to lack of pre-season game time and he'll pick that up comfortably before the league campaign starts.

From last season and what we have gone with pre-season it looks like not much has changed in mcpake's head,  he's looking at 3-4-2-1 as his base formation which IMO and I suspect his means if you recruit for that you will end up with a varied squad which can adapt into different formations.

Based on that we have

mehmet/little

fisher Bene Breen/otoo

Comrie/KRH    hamilton chalmers/allan  edwards

Todd   O'halloran/McCann

Wighton

There is a fair bit of flexibility in that McCann can play as the central striker,  todd can drop into the middle 4 and possibly RWB.  comrie can move to RCB,  otoo can move into DM or LWB KRH can probably play off the striker but in sheer numbers its a bit short. 

We went with a small squad last season a got enough of a break in that our injuries tended to fall to positions we had cover,  we went along time with o'hara and McCann out, had that been 2 cb's we'd been in ****,  and when we did lose breen reasonably term it was fortunate otoo had sighed about 2 weeks earlier.  Stepping up we'll need to take into consideration that it will be harder to sub a player off if he's losing the head a bit or felt a twinge,  that will almost certainly result in more players missing matches and we need to be ready for it.  So with that said and that we are 4 short(including unsigned McGowan) from what we finished with I'd be looking to add 6 more overall, accepting that is greedy.

1 target, CF to really push wighton,  the fabled 20 goal a season man would be ideal, can we get that? not sure but the closer the better

2 target, somehow cloning todd,  signing mcgowan may need to do.

3 target, Probably a left sided winger who can play LWB,  basically a better/more attacking alternative to playing otoo there and someone who can play as and outright winger if required.  A left footed KRH would be perfect but given edwards we probably don't need quite the same quality. 

4. another experienced CB,  losing bene long term terrifies me. 

5.  a right footed otoo type to provide generic right hand side defensive cover,  young could get that vote if management felt really confident.

6. a wildcard loan attacker,  see robbie mahon. Another role that could be given youth in taylor sutherland. 

As said that's a little greedy but if we start at the top and work our way down until the budget us gone we should find ourselves in a really strong position.

Edited by parsforlife
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, VinnyPars said:

Oli Shaw is a pipe dream, just signed a new deal on January at Barnsley and has been involved in there pre season games.

I'd be surprised. It was the same guy on twitter that said Dembele was signing too. 

Clearly too much Bucky, just clutching names and hoping for like and shares I think. 

2 hours ago, Al k said:

I'd be surprised. It was the same guy on twitter that said Dembele was signing too. 

Clearly too much Bucky, just clutching names and hoping for like and shares I think. 

Ah that’s exactly what it is.  If you use Twitter there’s a glut of those wee tubes you need to block so you don’t see that utter pish.

Just now, Al k said:

That would be a great signing, I'm not sure I could trust something that has us as League One.

Look at Wikipedia now, it's been changed to Raith Rovers. It's been back and forth between us and the Rovers 3 times tonight. Was first changed to Dunfermline on Sunday night 

Screenshot_20230713-220423.png

Screenshot_20230713-220340.png

Screenshot_20230713-220353.png