Transfer nonsense, gossip & rumours

Superally

1 minute ago, SanguinePar said:

but a 4 without Bene terrifies me!

Why? He's a great organiser agreed and was my POTY last year for that reason. On footballing performances though, it wasn't him. All of our defenders are more than capable, we have no diddies at the back. Bene himself isn't infallible so we need to just take a step back and calm down. We've got two good full backs, another two centre backs who are decent there, and three main centre backs, and a midfielder who can also play there. Any back four from that combination is a decent line up.

If he has indeed broken his foot, it will be about 6 weeks unless he needs surgery, when it would maybe stretch to 8-10.

In the meantime, our defensive pool is flexible enough to play 3 or 4. If he stuck with the 3, it would be Otoo in the middle with Breen on the left and Fisher on the right. I can't see us going to a 4 if I'm being honest. It's too flat and would leave us light through the middle of the park. You'd have to pick defensive counter attacking or attacking, I don't think we've got the personnel, position wise, to do both in a four at the moment. 

• Upvote 1

On 07/09/2023 at 08:02, Al k said:

Mo Hutton's going have to start putting moon boots as part of the kit at this rate.

Think Wighton was only a knock and should be ok. 

He was only a precaution and the manager said that had it been a league tomorrow they would have been pushing him on a bit more in terms of physio/recovery.

6 minutes ago, DeclanG said:

Fletcher signing with Wrexham, to be fair to him, they do have a lot more buzz than us - so I don't feel so bad about the knockback now.

He never knocked us back, we were never interested. It was a rumour posted as fact by a balloon on twitter who kids on he's in the know.

1 hour ago, Digs said:

He was only a precaution and the manager said that had it been a league tomorrow they would have been pushing him on a bit more in terms of physio/recovery.

Yeah saw that, not fussed about the game tomorrow at all. It's right to leave him out again.

If we had a bigger squad it would be nice to have a bit more go in the cup. Get it out the way cba with it.