Transfer nonsense, gossip & rumours

Superally

5 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Jakuibak training with us now. I’d imagine he’ll probably get a deal

My wife is a Dundee season ticket holder and rates Jakubiak. Said Dundee's form improved when he and Robinson played as a front two. Does think he's more of a hold up the ball hard working type than a goalscorer/poacher type striker though.

We don't play two up front and I did think we needed somebody who more of a penalty box striker and has a knack of being in the right place. 

Would take Jakubiak though.

56 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

He isn't a prolific scorer , what we need is a guaranteed 15 goals a season striker and he most certainly aint it. If we sign him we will continue to struggle to score goals.

Dundee won the league last year. 

Their top scorer had 12 goals. 

Only two players got 15+ goals. 

• Upvote 1

Folk do seem to think that a striker is only decent if they score 20+ goals. Whilst it may be true that you likely are if you do, there are very few strikers in each league who score that many every season. Your talking single/low double figures in the bigger leagues and the lower end of that in leagues like ours. 

Scoring goals is difficult and few teams rely on one or two players to do it. If their strikers are contributing to the team effort as a whole, then others will score too. Matty Todd for example scored double figures last year due to the way we play, which allows/asks him to get beyond the strikers. 

In short, a striker that guarantees you 15+ goals a season isn't going to want to play in the championship.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

On 30/08/2023 at 23:26, Grant said:

Dundee won the league last year. 

Their top scorer had 12 goals. 

Only two players got 15+ goals. 

Interesting fact and I recall a good season where the Pars top scorers were not in the top 3 but filled the next 4 spots. Well something like that. Goals were spread around the whole team. Maybe that is an alternative to a one man goal fest.

1 hour ago, Lochalsh Par said:

Interesting fact and I recall a good season where the Pars top scorers were not in the top 3 but filled the next 4 spots. Well something like that. Goals were spread around the whole team. Maybe that is an alternative to a one man goal fest.

Ultimately it doesn't matter who scores you goals. We could get a 100% record without any of our players getting the final touch and we'd all be running around delighted.