Championship playoff odds

Superally

McBookie have announced their Odds for outright winner of the championship. They have placed the Pars as forth favourite's and for a playoff place. Generally the bookies are not far wrong - but i'm no betting man!

Dundee Utd 6/4

Queens Park 5/1

Partick Thistle 6/1

Dunfermline Athletic 8/1

Ayr Utd 10/1

Inverness CT 12/1

Raith Rovers 12/1

Morton 16/1 

Airdrie 20/1

Arbroath 33/1

1 hour ago, rosythpar said:

I thought the Rovers would have been a shorter price. On paper they have recruited well so far and seems like Dean McKenzie is backing them. 

I agree, I think they will do well this season and will be very strong contenders for a play off place, I would probably have them 2nd or 3rd. The board are punting a load of cash into them - probably can only be sustained if they get promotion. I think Dundee Utd will be Champions. If we make a play off place I will be pleased. No doubt this will be a difficult league campaign this season

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Superally said:

McBookie have announced their Odds for outright winner of the championship. They have placed the Pars as forth favourite's and for a playoff place. Generally the bookies are not far wrong - but i'm no betting man!

Dundee Utd 6/4

Queens Park 5/1

Partick Thistle 6/1

Dunfermline Athletic 8/1

Ayr Utd 10/1

Inverness CT 12/1

Raith Rovers 12/1

Morton 16/1 

Airdrie 20/1

Arbroath 33/1

They were very wrong 2 seasons ago..

11 hours ago, Secure Par said:

McPake has built a squad that work hard for each other and have that never give up attitude… I honestly think we will be competing at the top end of the league and possible champions…

Think we will need to add some new attacking options to be challenging for the title. If KRH is also missing for a while he will be a big loss. 

I think we will be fine defensively.

Our biggest prob has been goals and breaking teams down. Last season there weren't many teams offering much upfront against us.

We need more creative options. Happy with the loan players we have signed, we need to get attacking options now.

Saw someone hinting at Karamoko Dembélé on twitter. Bit wishful 😂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Al k said:

Our biggest prob has been goals and breaking teams down. Last season there weren't many teams offering much upfront against us.

We need more creative options. Happy with the loan players we have signed, we need to get attacking options now.

Saw someone hinting at Karamoko Dembélé on twitter. Bit wishful 😂

Hit it on the nail here. We were far from the highest goal scorers and often against poor defences. Not sure why and maybe that will change but we really need somebody to be scoring regularly (every week!!!) and the rest doing what they did last year - all scoring a few each.

15 minutes ago, Lochalsh Par said:

Hit it on the nail here. We were far from the highest goal scorers and often against poor defences. Not sure why and maybe that will change but we really need somebody to be scoring regularly (every week!!!) and the rest doing what they did last year - all scoring a few each.

Agreed. In fact in a way, I'd rather we pushed the boat out a bit for a guaranteed goalscorer, rather than made a few good, but lesser, signings. I realise that's a bit eggs in one basket-y, but still.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Agreed. In fact in a way, I'd rather we pushed the boat out a bit for a guaranteed goalscorer, rather than made a few good, but lesser, signings. I realise that's a bit eggs in one basket-y, but still.

A John Watson would be good (sixty quid and 2 pints of Guinness). Our best bet is a young unknown who suddenly hits the back of the net or even another Nisbett. Otherwise it is big money and maybe all in one basket.

• Upvote 1