Pars v Killie

Superally

8 minutes ago, Al k said:

Thats that then. Was worried going down so early.

How did Tod look?, been impressed with his passing the past two preseason and league cup games.

Tod played well. Keeper had to make a good save from him second half. The team played well. Killie had the cutting edge when given a chance and we didn't.

No disgrace in that, felt we deserved to take something from that game but we need to be more clinical up front. If Gowser was signed, I think we could have earned the draw.. Injuries could be our downfall, Bene's strain could be concerning, so I hope it's precautionary. Wighton did well, but I think he is carrying a strain too. O'Halloran didn't make the bench and when you add the established injuries we are desperately thin.

9 minutes ago, Superally said:

No disgrace in that, felt we deserved to take something from that game but we need to be more clinical up front. If Gowser was signed, I think we could have earned the draw.. Injuries could be our downfall, Bene's strain could be concerning, so I hope it's precautionary. Wighton did well, but I think he is carrying a strain too. O'Halloran didn't make the bench and when you add the established injuries we are desperately thin.

For me we were desperately thin before the injuries. Haven't even had the opportunity to reduce the preseason and cup game time for some players.

Given all the games the majority played last season too. 

• Upvote 2

I think we were hard done by today. We started the game slowly and gave away a soft goal. After the first 20 minutes I thought we were the better team. Murray should have been sent off for a very reckless challenge. Killie were better at taking their chances.

We are short of players but I thought Tod looks like a great prospect.

On 22/07/2023 at 17:46, Al k said:

Haven't even had the opportunity to reduce the preseason and cup game time for some players.

This isn’t true. Every game I’ve been at they have made subs at 60/65 mins clearly resting legs of players who played most games last season and bringing in the young guys to give them game time.

3 hours ago, Digs said:

This isn’t true. Every game I’ve been at they have made subs at 60/65 mins clearly resting legs of players who played most games last season and bringing in the young guys to give them game time.

Has everyone had a break? I thought Comrie hadn't but notice he came off once in the one of the last two games which I'd missed. 

I'd have swore there were a couple. I don't think it been ideal, tonight again we will likely have the full team out. This game and Annan could have been an opportunity to rest a couple of players.

6 minutes ago, Al k said:

Has everyone had a break? I thought Comrie hadn't but notice he came off once in the one of the last two games which I'd missed. 

I'd have swore there were a couple. I don't think it been ideal, tonight again we will likely have the full team out. This game and Annan could have been an opportunity to rest a couple of players.

We need a bigger squad, that much is obvious, but I don't honestly think it would have been that much different if we had more. McPake has said that he's treating the competition seriously so I'd imagine he'd have gone with his strongest team regardless in all the games. 

22 minutes ago, Superally said:

I think we are scheduled to play Crossgate Primrose @ Humbug Park tonight as a friendly? If so I guess the main squad wont feature and the team will be youngsters. Perhaps an outing for a trialist or two? Only £5 at the gate too. 

Aye it will be the youngsters, which will be a possible problem if anyone gets a knock tomorrow as they are pretty much the bench just now 

3 hours ago, Superally said:

I think we are scheduled to play Crossgate Primrose @ Humbug Park tonight as a friendly? If so I guess the main squad wont feature and the team will be youngsters. Perhaps an outing for a trialist or two? Only £5 at the gate too. 

Yeah same as last week against The Swifts.

2 hours ago, the saline hill puma said:

Aye it will be the youngsters, which will be a possible problem if anyone gets a knock tomorrow as they are pretty much the bench just now 

None of them will be playing, it's U16/17's.