Update from the club tonight

Piracy

6 hours ago, Grant said:

Would've been good to explain why they were targeting player's out of our reach then? Having Charlie Reilly as a top target is just silly. 

We have, they were also a part of the squad last year, I'm not doing anything to feel more aggrieved, it's to point out that we're heading into the first league game tomorrow ridiculously light. 

If we line up 

Little/New Gk

Comrie-Fisher-Bene-Breen-Edwards

Hamilton-Otoo-Chalmers 

Wighton-McCann

Our only subs with much first team experience will be O'Halloran who's missed most of pre season through injury, and Paul Allan. 

I'm not making anything up to feel aggrieved, our squad last year was light but we got lucky with injuries, and we're even lighter now. O'Halloran looks like a replacement for Mahon in that we've got a pacy wide player. 

However we've not replaced O'Hara or Todorov for cover upfront, or Mcdonald for cover at RWB, or Mochrie... As things stand we're weaker now than what we finished last season. 

Surely the point in these meetings is for a singular person to represent a community? In that regard it would be wasted on me representing his forum, Digs does a fantastic job writing up what was said that I quite frankly, couldn't match. 

I've been to the supporters meetings, hee haw has been said about Rosyth at the last few either. Truthfully I'm not sure I'll bother with the next, because nothing tends to get said. 

If I could be so bold I still firmly beleive that news relating to Rosyth/Club ethos should be getting relayed directly via the club, that way they could at least try and control the narrative more. Giving information to a select few fans to disseminate just seems positively medieval, why could this presentation not be put up etc etc? 

Your last paragraph, the guys said in their initial posts it wasn’t the finished article, they wanted to take feedback from those invited to shape the presentation.  It’s all in Digs/Piracy’s notes.  

7 hours ago, Rossmcno1 said:

Your last paragraph, the guys said in their initial posts it wasn’t the finished article, they wanted to take feedback from those invited to shape the presentation.  It’s all in Digs/Piracy’s notes.  

https://www.raithrovers.net/63107/the-community-belong-project.htm

They should have a look at that, fantastic from Raith. 

15 hours ago, Grant said:

Surely the point in these meetings is for a singular person to represent a community? In that regard it would be wasted on me representing his forum, Digs does a fantastic job writing up what was said that I quite frankly, couldn't match. 

I've been to the supporters meetings, hee haw has been said about Rosyth at the last few either. Truthfully I'm not sure I'll bother with the next, because nothing tends to get said. 

If I could be so bold I still firmly beleive that news relating to Rosyth/Club ethos should be getting relayed directly via the club, that way they could at least try and control the narrative more. Giving information to a select few fans to disseminate just seems positively medieval, why could this presentation not be put up etc etc? 

The point of the communication session was to present a proposal to a few fans to see how it would potentially be recieved by the wider fan base. All we've attempted to do on the website, is to give a part of the wider fan base a high level overview of thst proposal. It's important that people home in on the word proposal, just to avoid confusion. We all know how the Internet works.

The reason I offered you (or anyone else) a chance to represent this forum at these quarterly communication sessions is that you would personally get an opportunity to hear things directly from those running the club. That way you have the opportunity to interpret information for yourself, directly from those making the decisions at the club. Of course, if you choose not to accept that invitation, that is entirely your choice. But, obviously the information initially given has lit a fire under your arse given the lenghtly responses you've provided 

Anyway, enough from me, there's a game on today. Hopefully we'll see the usual hard work, commitment, honest endeavour from the team and passionate backing from the fans. That will demonstrate to the opposition that our club is no pushover. Leave the feigning of injury, mobbing referees and the whining of self entitled bitches to opposing clubs.

• Upvote 4

I think it was Ange in one of his first interviews at Spurs that talked about the want to win.

You need more than that because there is no team out there that will go out on the pitch wanting to lose, so we need a differentiator and it looks like this is what the board have decided to pursue that could set us apart.

I do get the sceptics, there does have to be a balance about presence within the community and living those values versus just making sure we get the three points on a Saturday because let’s face it, a long period of poor performance on the pitch is going to adversely impact what they are trying to do off it. You don’t have to look far in our past for examples of that.

We have no choice but to trust the process, let’s hope for a win today and buy us another week to get reinforcements in.

• Upvote 3

I'm more interested in the plan to connect the club with the people of Dunfermline to see if they can do something different which will build the fan base.

I always like that Atalanta, who are in the shadow of two giant clubs, present an Atalanta top to every newborn baby born in Bergamo. 

Before anyone jumps on that, it's not a suggestion that we copy this - partly because no-one is born in Dunfermline anymore - just an example of something different.

5 hours ago, Grant said:

https://www.raithrovers.net/63107/the-community-belong-project.htm

They should have a look at that, fantastic from Raith. 

That is laudable.  Think we’ve had similar schemes in the past or indeed still have one via dot net.

Have you seen the family area installed and launched at the Norrie today?  Looks really good.  Maybe Raith will look at that and think to do the same?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rossmcno1 said:

That is laudable.  Think we’ve had similar schemes in the past or indeed still have one via dot net.

Have you seen the family area installed and launched at the Norrie today?  Looks really good.  Maybe Raith will look at that and think to do the same?

Saw that just now. Looks quite good. 

• Upvote 1

On 04/08/2023 at 14:11, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Maybe if we had more of that 5 years ago, we wouldn't have ended up with a squad with Robbie Muirhead, Louis Longridge, Myles Hippolyte, James Vincent, Mark Durnan etc.

Is that the same James Vincent who scored the winning goal against Falkirk in the 2014/15 Scottish Cup? ;-)

1 hour ago, Rossmcno1 said:

I haven't, at a wedding today so sadly missing it, - 1 for the season ticket. 

Seen pictures on twitter though and it looks cracking, good stuff. 

• Like 1

On 04/08/2023 at 17:45, parsforlife said:

How do we let everyone know that dunfermline is a nice club with good boys who everyone should come out and see?  

By getting the players to focus on being the best they can through doing their best on and off the field, also through honest endeavours. Who says that makes them 'good boys'?, what a stupid way to look at things. 

Airdrie players were diving, falling and cheating all over the pitch today. It was obviously part of their game plan, but hey, they still got beat. 

• 4 months later...

https://dafc.co.uk/living-true-sportsmanship-at-the-heart-of-updated-vision-for-dafc/

looks like the club are still going ahead with the vision, I had hoped it was allowed to quietly disappear but not so. My objections from a few months ago still remain.

from the most recent info, I particularly object to this statement

As we know, football is about so much more than simply what happens on the pitch‘

It isn’t, it’s competitive sport and it’s entirely about winning, the rest is just noise.