Airdrie v Pars

Superally

A great result today, would have been even better if had kept a clean sheet. However the win over the club in 5th place helped to consolidated our 4th place in a play off position. Considering our injury situation the win was all the better and hopefully will give us a wee bit of momentum to build on as players slowly come back into the squad. Good to see Edwards get on the score sheet again and of course Matty Todds goal will be tremendous boost for him. We are in a good position being four pts behind Partick with a game in hand against Queens Park. COYP

• Upvote 1

On 08/12/2023 at 09:31, Digs said:

It's getting harder and harder to predict our results as you never know which team will turn up recently. I think there will be goals, and I'm going for a 1-2 Pars win.

That's 20 points from 27 against the teams below us, and 1 from 15 against the three above us. We're very predictable.

Big test next Saturday then.

2 hours ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

That's 20 points from 27 against the teams below us, and 1 from 15 against the three above us. We're very predictable.

Big test next Saturday then.

That’s not really what I meant. It was more about the scoreline in terms of the result as we have either taken our chances and gotten wins, or been good and taken absolutely nothing or dropping two points when we created enough chances to win two games but took none or only one of them.

Today, we missed a couple second half but took both goals well and there were good bits of football so the points were deserved and the scoreline flatters them IMO. They had lots of the ball (albeit we actually had greater possession) but it was all in front of us and we were never really tested. 

As you say, big test next week against a team that pumped us 3-0 away when we actually played some decent stuff in the game but made so many terrible decisions we shot ourselves in the foot. A more professional performance from us will definitely give them something to think about but as I said, I’m not sure how to call it.

Great result - I'd have taken a draw before the game - and an excellent performance. Good to see real daylight between us and the teams below. Airdrie will probably finish safely in midtable. It's beginning to look like ICT are building momentum for a top 4 challenge. Big Dunc has given them a proper "managerial bounce" since arriving in the Highlands. Had it not been for their awful start under Billy Dodds, ICT might well have been up there with the Rovers and United. 

7 hours ago, Al k said:

The work down the sides from McCann and Jakubiak for the goals was absolutely fantastic. 

Jakibiak did that a few times and was unlucky not to score himself with a couple of decent stops from the keeper. His first touch from the ball from Edward’s in the second goal was class.

3 hours ago, Digs said:

Jakibiak did that a few times and was unlucky not to score himself with a couple of decent stops from the keeper. His first touch from the ball from Edward’s in the second goal was class.

Just watching the highlights there and was impressed by Jakubiak, had two or three really good moments - although I wish he would just finish one of those chances! Looked good though, which is encouraging as I've not been all that convinced by him so far.

McCann did great for the opener and I thought Edwards did well to keep it on target, it looked a kind of awkward one to hit.