Run in for relegation/promotion Play Offs.

A few twists and turns heading into our last 7 matches. Still got to do the business in a few of them. Interestingly and strangely, all the last games are on a Friday night. An own goal for travelling fans, especially ours, considering its a trip to the seaside. I reckon our chances are 60/40% of avoiding the relegation Play Offs. Some are hopeful of reaching the promotion end. These next games will decide whether it's been an eventful, or forgettable season. We'll need to find a bit consistency and maybe we've turned a corner again.  We have 3 home matches and 4 away.

IMG_20240316_215716.jpg

IMG_20240316_220236.jpg

IMG_20240316_220404.jpg

IMG_20240316_220541.jpg

IMG_20240316_220703.jpg

Edited by scottyboy
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Airdrie having a game in hand to Arbroath is what could kill it for us trying to get top 4. But making sure we are safe is priority first 

Yeah I think Airdrie are too far ahead, I don't think we would make top 4 anyway. Its too tight amongst the group and we would a crazy run and probably not have a defeat against any of them. 

Lets get safe first and anything after thats a bonus. For Every Dundee United and Partick performance theres been a few horror performances afterwards. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Grant said:

Is there dates out for the promotion and relegation playoffs? 

only for the premiership final

1st leg Thursday may 23rd 1st leg 2nd leg Sunday may 26th 

The rest will depend on TV which won't be decided until the teams involved are known.

Edited by parsforlife

3 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Final matches all being friday night is because there will be a TV game and all matches need to start at the same time to try avoid a germany-austria scenario 

BBC Scotland need binning, or demand more money from them. The club's could stop this.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, scottyboy said:

BBC Scotland need binning, or demand more money from them. The club's could stop this.

Agreed, I hate Friday games. And look at the crowd at the last game, 6368. On a Saturday afternoon, and not on TV, you could probably add a couple of thousand to that.

Here's the Utd support just before kickoff, really poor. And the gaps in the Norrie were massive. Thanks BBC.

IMG_20240317_150234.jpg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SanguinePar said:

Agreed, I hate Friday games. And look at the crowd at the last game, 6368. On a Saturday afternoon, and not on TV, you could probably add a couple of thousand to that.

Here's the Utd support just before kickoff, really poor. And the gaps in the Norrie were massive. Thanks BBC.

IMG_20240317_150234.jpg

Twice. Our best gates of the season would arguably have been the 2 games v United, with the possible exception of the New Year derby. Both on TV. The money we'll get from the BBC will not cover the loss from walk up fans on the day. 

We had this under the two Jimmys. It was almost always our home games v the OF that were moved to a Sunday, as they do now in the Premiership. The £55k for the home team almost coveted losses at the gate, the visitors got £45k... ☹️

46 minutes ago, Grant said:

Obviously not ideal that it impacts us, but I like the Friday games. Gives exposure to the league which can only be a good thing. 

That's quite an understatement, Grant. I might just about go along with it if the clubs involved were able to be compensated for the money they lose at the turnstilesbefore the pot was shared out, but no chance of that happening, Too many clubs not involved in televised games would lose out.

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Grant said:

Obviously not ideal that it impacts us, but I like the Friday games. Gives exposure to the league which can only be a good thing. 

It's not only be a good thing.

Exposure is good, yeah, but I'd rather the Pars were banking the best part of £30k than that a few hundred fans of neither team might happen to watch a match that they don't really have any interest in.

And if the must have Friday games then they need to be fairer about which ones get picked.

We've played Dundee United 5 times this season, 3 at theirs, 2 at ours. Guess which 3 weren't on TV, were on Saturday at 3pm and thus achieved the maximum number of fans likely to attend?

We've played Rovers 6 times 3 home, 3 away. All the Stark's games were Saturday 3pm, only one of ours was (one Friday TV game and one Tuesday night).

In contrast Utd have had 2 Friday home games against Arbroath and Partick Thistle, hardly likely to impact their visiting support at all. They've also had 7 Friday night away games, depriving numerous clubs of much needed income.

Rovers have had 4 home games on a Friday  and 3 away games  the home games including Dundee Utd, Airdrie, Ayr and Partick.

So we've missed out on Rovers once and United twice for the sake of TV. 

Rovers have missed United once.

And United haven't missed out on any between these 3 clubs.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

IMG_20240317_150234.jpg

not a chance 6300 odd attended that game, closer to 5k that actually attended. Look at the NW as a example, meant to be sold out but it was pretty empty(same most weeks btw so not just because it was the Friday game)

I like watching the Friday tv games, but it is ****e when it's our game that's moved.

• Upvote 1