Run in for relegation/promotion Play Offs.

2 hours ago, Yorkiepar said:

Hmm, tonight’s game was a feisty wee encounter. There certainly won’t be any easy games between now and the end of the season. Have to say that Ayr looked good on the ball and (love him or loathe him - and I’m a bit on the fence) Scott Brown had them fired up. This is a very, very tight league.

Didn’t think they were up to much at east end. Done us a favour though so We can get into 4th with a win. COYP

On 17/03/2024 at 12:44, Al k said:

Yeah I think Airdrie are too far ahead, I don't think we would make top 4 anyway. Its too tight amongst the group and we would a crazy run and probably not have a defeat against any of them. 

Lets get safe first and anything after thats a bonus. For Every Dundee United and Partick performance theres been a few horror performances afterwards. 

Indeed. Let us get to safety in a decent run of form and win as many games as we can. 

It's almost too dangerous to dream atm. Partick have probably got third spot. However for fourth all the teams contenting for a Promotion playoff place below the Pars have game on hand, however the Pars have points in the bag and they all have to play Dundee Utd and Raith Rovers. Airdrie have the toughest run in with most games and a few mid-week. Its going to be close at the end and we will probably have to depend on other teams results but ultimately it all depends on what we do. I see three wins and possibly a draw (10pts) in our five games, but you can work out the permutations for yourself

The Pars have 5 games:

Partick H

Airdrie A                          

Queens Park H

Inverness H

Ayr Utd A

Airdrie have 7 games:   

Arbroath A

Morton H

Raith Rovers A

Dunfermline H

Partick A

Dundee Utd H

Queens Park A

Morton have 6 games: 

Airdrie A

Ayr Utd A

Dundee Utd H

Arbroath A

Raith Rovers H

Inverness A

Ayr Utd have 6 games:

Raith Rovers A

Morton H

Arbroath H

Dundee Utd A

Partick A

Dunfermline H

16 hours ago, Superally said:

It's almost too dangerous to dream atm. Partick have probably got third spot. However for fourth all the teams contenting for a Promotion playoff place below the Pars have game on hand, however the Pars have points in the bag and they all have to play Dundee Utd and Raith Rovers. Airdrie have the toughest run in with most games and a few mid-week. Its going to be close at the end and we will probably have to depend on other teams results but ultimately it all depends on what we do. I see three wins and possibly a draw (10pts) in our five games, but you can work out the permutations for yourself

The Pars have 5 games:

Partick H

Airdrie A                          

Queens Park H

Inverness H

Ayr Utd A

Airdrie have 7 games:   

Arbroath A

Morton H

Raith Rovers A

Dunfermline H

Partick A

Dundee Utd H

Queens Park A

Morton have 6 games: 

Airdrie A

Ayr Utd A

Dundee Utd H

Arbroath A

Raith Rovers H

Inverness A

Ayr Utd have 6 games:

Raith Rovers A

Morton H

Arbroath H

Dundee Utd A

Partick A

Dunfermline H

Very glad that everyone bar us still has to play the top two, and that the title race looks likely to go to the wire. Fingers crossed for full points for Utd and Rovers all the way to the end now!

• Like 1

Everybody in the league still have everything to play for, except Arbroath and maybe Partick will lose a bit of an edge, as 3rd spot looks assured. We'll definitely have to beat Airdrie. Probably go to the last games of the season. I reckon we could get 11 points out of the remaining 15. All to play for.

Hopefully Morton and Airdrie draw, but even if one of them win, at least it costs the other one. And same for Ayr and Morton. And then if Dundee Utd and Rovers can hopefully take maximum points off those 3 teams, then we should be in with a good chance. Most important thing IMO is not to lose to Airdrie, although obviously a win would be best.

Hopefully we get the job done v Partick and then they help us out against Airdrie and Ayr too.

• Upvote 2