Run in for relegation/promotion Play Offs.

2 hours ago, the saline hill puma said:

not a chance 6300 odd attended that game

Probably right, but if it's ST holders not coming then it costs the club nothing (some catering, I guess).

I still think we would have had an official attendance of around 8000 if the game hadn't been on Friday and on TV, even if some ST holders didn't show.

7 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

And what good does attention get us? I'd rather we had fans in the door and money in the bank.

An introduction to potential fans, An introduction for new sponsors and More value for current sponsors.

Its slightly intangible but there certainly importance to be visible as a business, if people aren’t thinking of you they won’t give you their money.

I’m not disagreeing that there’s cost to this but it’s unfair to completely disregard the benefits of 100k people engaging with your product weekly

9 hours ago, parsforlife said:

An introduction to potential fans, An introduction for new sponsors and More value for current sponsors.

Its slightly intangible but there certainly importance to be visible as a business, if people aren’t thinking of you they won’t give you their money.

I’m not disagreeing that there’s cost to this but it’s unfair to completely disregard the benefits of 100k people engaging with your product weekly

Like you say, it's nothing concrete, not even like targeted advertising to consumers, who need to buy essential products. I'm with Sanguine on this one. 

A bird in the hand and all that.....

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Aye, it's not just the specific club sponsorship either, you're far more likely to be able to get better league wide sponsorship if you can point out that on a weekly basis you've got 100 thousand people watching it on TV. 

1 hour ago, Grant said:

Aye, it's not just the specific club sponsorship either, you're far more likely to be able to get better league wide sponsorship if you can point out that on a weekly basis you've got 100 thousand people watching it on TV. 

But who does that benefit most? The teams at the top, further widening the gaps between haves and have nots.

2 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

But who does that benefit most? The teams at the top, further widening the gaps between haves and have nots.

The teams at the bottom tbh. 

The money from the TV deals is added into the prize pot as a whole then distributed through the leagues, we'll benefit for example from the Sky Sports deal despite never appearing on it. 

Last year the prize money was poor, but it would've been a damn site worse if there wasn't a TV deal. 

It's unfortunate that it's impacted our games against Dundee United, however I dispute that It impacted the gate massively on Friday, those I know who pick and choose there games had no appetite for it after another poor Fife Derby performance. 

And on that the games are regulated, each team has a maximum of two home league games. Which means our two home fife derby's against Raith weren't touched. 

5 hours ago, Grant said:

Which means our two home fife derby's against Raith weren't touched. 

The league games maybe, but our cup game on Friday 24 November certainly was.

I'd also dispute that giving a proportion of the overall deal to teams who don't feature on TV is to their benefit compared to the biggest teams. Yes they get a bit  but they still get much less than those at the top, so the gap grows ever larger. Not to mention situations like ours where we lose out on potential gate money from a big match.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, scottyboy said:

Let them earn their money another way. Why pay? I believe a lot don't pay a licence now. I wouldn't worry bout breaking that law, hence the smiley face.

I'm more than happy to pay my licence, I think the BBC is one of the best things in this country and not being commercially funded is an essential part of that. That doesn't mean I agree with everything they do, but I still support it in general.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Yes they get a bit  but they still get much less than those at the top, so the gap grows ever larger. 

I'm not sure how true that is, yes the higher up the spfl you are the bigger proportion of prize money you get.  However it's also true that spfl prize money makes up a far smaller proportion of there income.

25 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I'm not sure how true that is, yes the higher up the spfl you are the bigger proportion of prize money you get.  However it's also true that spfl prize money makes up a far smaller proportion of there income.

Yeah, but they're still getting much more income from that than other teams, plus their other income streams as well.