Run in for relegation/promotion Play Offs.

In the last quarter we have played the top two teams in the league and still have to play

Away: Airdrie, Arbroath, Ayr Utd, Morton, 

Home: ICT, Partick, Queens Park

In the first quarter of games we took 14pts, and in the second and third Quarters we managed 9pts each. Thus far we have taken 3pts in the fourth and last quarter. Of the teams left to play our record stands as:

Airdrie: 2wins, 1 loss

Arbroath: 1 win, 2 draws

Ayr: 1 win,  1 draw, 1 loss

Morton: 2 wins, 1 loss 

ICT: 3 draws

Partick: 1 win, 2 loss

Queens Park: 1 win, 2 loss

I think realistically Arbroath are doomed, There is a risk of relegation play off place, but we are 4pts clear of ICT in 9th spot.  From the games left to play and injured players returning to full fitness I think there is a great chance of taking 10-12 pts which should make us safe from relegation. A good run in 12-15pts is possible and that may take us into a promotion play off but we would have to beat Partick and Airdrie. Ultimately although we need to do it for ourselves. Other teams results will help as well. Form going into the end of season is all important. 

• Upvote 4

I would prefer a Ayr win as it would make them catchable equally I would be happy with a draw because if we take 3pts from Arbroath we would jump above them. As I have said before if we are thinking of a possible play off place we would have to beat both Morton and Airdrie - we are only half way there! Still it means nowt if we cant beat the red Litchies the morn

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, buspasspar said:

I think an Ayr win would be best if we realistically want to be in 4th 

A draw means both clubs drop 2 pts. We can definitely beat Airdrie again now we have some key players fit again. I'm optimistic we can still finish 4th as our rivals still have to play United and Raith.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Superally said:

Still it means nowt if we cant beat the red Litchies the morn

A win is a must. Not sure what McIntyres game plan will be. They looked doomed, but they will need to play good football to beat us. Draws are too late for them. Interestingly enough Queens Park play Morton tomorrow, so something has to give. Table will look strangely different come Saturday with the top 2 clashing, which may turn out to be the winner takes it all.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

A draw means both clubs drop 2 pts. We can definitely beat Airdrie again now we have some key players fit again. I'm optimistic we can still finish 4th as our rivals still have to play United and Raith.

Good points GG pardon the pun 😉 Aye would take a draw but I'm looking at catching Airdrie .. anything but an Airdrie win then 

55 minutes ago, scottyboy said:

A win is a must. Not sure what McIntyres game plan will be. They looked doomed, but they will need to play good football to beat us. Draws are too late for them. Interestingly enough Queens Park play Morton tomorrow, so something has to give. Table will look strangely different come Saturday with the top 2 clashing, which may turn out to be the winner takes it all.

A draw was no good to them when we last played them at EEP but it didn't stop them constantly wasting time at 1-1. Had they gone for broke, they might have nicked a winner but obviously thought we were more likely to do that.

Hmm, tonight’s game was a feisty wee encounter. There certainly won’t be any easy games between now and the end of the season. Have to say that Ayr looked good on the ball and (love him or loathe him - and I’m a bit on the fence) Scott Brown had them fired up. This is a very, very tight league.

A win tomorrow and we are confirmed safe from automatic relegation and likely the relegation play offs, but more importantly into the promotion play offs.

What a mental league this has been. I'm not sure its ever been so close. Any one from Two can win the league, any two from seven can still mathematically make promotion play offs, any one from seven can mathematically be in the relegation play off and unlikely one of seven can be relegated its unlikely anyone other than Arbroath. Still 6 games and more for some.

• Upvote 1