Morton v The Pars

5 minutes ago, Superally said:

1-0 Pars, Welsh-Hayes first goal for the Pars

Really enjoyed that, switched on by the players to get the corner taken short and quickly. Fair play to them/the coaches. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Grant said:

Thought it should've been a foul for us just before the penalty award, fantastic by Mehmet. 

Yeah, looked like Mehmet was fouled when he tried to take the high ball. Amazing that he's now saved 3 in a row!

What a result, and ICT only getting a point. We're getting there...

Also, Dundee United apparently determined to throw the league away. It'd be funny if it didn't help Rovers.

I walked out Starks a couple of weeks ago downbeat as ****, as well as the Derby loss I was acutely aware that we had Dundee United and Morton up next, and couldn't see us winning either. 

Here we are, 6 points later, football eh? The pints later are going to be extra tasty. Enjoy the weekend everyone 👍 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

Today was never going to be a classic example of “the beautiful game”, was it? Thought McPake got it just right though. Yes, we had to mix it physically and there was an element of backs-to-the-wall for long spells too, but we were up to it and Morton were, in the main, properly outplayed and out-thought: good to see when your opponents resort  to hoofball and dead ball situations. That penalty decision looked like a travesty so massive kudos to Mehmet for his save. Pars totally deserved that result and what a huge three points those are at this stage of the season. 

Edited by Yorkiepar
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Grant said:

I walked out Starks a couple of weeks ago downbeat as ****, as well as the Derby loss I was acutely aware that we had Dundee United and Morton up next, and couldn't see us winning either. 

Here we are, 6 points later, football eh? The pints later are going to be extra tasty. Enjoy the weekend everyone 👍 

Grant I confirm that pints definitely taste better after a win at Morton. Enjoy your night!

• Upvote 1