Morton v The Pars

I think in fairness to MFW and Benjamin they were literally dropped into that game and the defence was makeshift at best and Morton took advantage of that. I think if you were consider MFW now, he is a different player entirely. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Superally said:

I think in fairness to MFW and Benjamin they were literally dropped into that game and the defence was makeshift at best and Morton took advantage of that. I think if you were consider MFW now, he is a different player entirely. 

100%. Benjamin drove up to sign at 4am on Friday, trained and played the Saturday. It's no surprise he played the way he did.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Digs said:

100%. Benjamin drove up to sign at 4am on Friday, trained and played the Saturday. It's no surprise he played the way he did.

Aye it was a bit unfair on them both and they took an awful lot of flak, but we probably had no choice to play them.   

McPake on COWs suggesting that both Kane and Breen are back in the squad. Summers it seems has not fully recovered from a back injury. Wighton due to have surgery today.

Talks positively about having nearly a full squad to play from almost to an extent that its bigger than they would like but praises the board for making the signings when we had the injuries.

Manager previews Morton game | Dunfermline Athletic Football Club - (dafc.co.uk)

• Upvote 1

To temper expectations about us running up a big score, while there's no doubt we played very, very well against Dundee United, it was with a level of clinicalness (not sure that's a word, but you get me) that isn't sustainable and I wouldn't bet on us achieving every week. 

I think we seemed to score from every big chance we created, to speak the obvious but goals really do have such a massive influence on how you look back at a performance. We created some fantastic chances against Airdrie, didn't take them and walked away with hee haw. 

It'll be a tight game, if we can win it, and with Inverness playing Dundee United we could expect to be seven points clear of 9th,and we're absolutely in there with a chance of fourth. It's the hope that gets ya. 

• Upvote 1

Even when we look back to earlier in the season (pre injury crisis) we were never prolific or indeed clinical, plenty of chances but the end product wasnt always there. It was arguable that we weren't that prolific last season either! Thus far we have only scored three goals on four occasions this season: Dundee Utd, Partick, Arbroath & Ironically Morton. Strange that three of those sides have strongly featured in the top 4 albeit Morton have just dropped off. With nearly a full squad available I think we are more balanced and better able to convert the chances that come to us, I'll take a win by a single goal. 

• Upvote 1

We were clinical v United. I don't expect us to be like that most weeks, be good though. I really think we'll do well to take a point tomorrow. Morton were going great guns and can't see them losing 4 on the trot. Not sure if they took their eyes of the ball just before the Cup game. I was impressed with the way they defeated Motherwell and they gave Hearts a good go, but ran out of steam. I think the ball will be up in the air a lot and they definitely very physical.

8 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Apparently Oakley is out for tomorrow 

I hope so, but I'll believe it when I see it. He's a real handful and Morton's results have been poor when he's been missing. Even if he's passed fit to play, I think Bene and Co can keep him quiet.

• Like 1

We’ll find out today if we’ve turned the corner and can look forward to consistent good performances with a near-fully fit squad.

Hopefully a good win for the Pars to balance out the dreadful defeat last time out v Morton by picking up 9 of the 12 points on offer.