Morton v The Pars

After Fridays brilliant 3-1 thrashing of league leaders Dundee Utd the Pars hit the road on Saturday to Greenock playing Morton and to seek retribution for the absolute pummeling they gave us at East End Park last time the sides met.  For the sake of PTSD, I wont mention the score line! Morton didn’t play that well on the day, but their physicality won through and we made it easy for them by giving away sloppy goals and allowed ourselves to be intimidated all over the park. Morton did have a fantastic unbeaten run, but recent form has not been kind to them losing their last three games and although the defeats have been narrow and by a single goal their last win was five weeks ago. Undoubtedly the Pars have welcomed returning players back into the fold and consequently form has improved significantly, hopefully this will continue as there are only a handful of games left before seasons end. The Pars will have taken great confidence in their win against the leaders, but at the end of the day there is no point intaking three points against the league leaders unless we can take them against teams who we should be challenging against. This could be a close one to call but we have had two wins already against Morton this season and I think with our away form we should be able to earn a third. 2-1 Pars COYP

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

No room for complacency now, no room for any slackers, we can't be intimidated now, its got to be full on from now on in. I believe McPake and the players can do themselves justice by producing a nail biting run in by winning games. They do that they'll take the fans with them. 

Anyway, Pars to produce a 3-2 away from home win.

• Upvote 1

While the old adage that “one swallow doesn’t make a summer” could apply to this game I’m hoping that we have FINALLY turned something of a corner on the injury front. Several influential players are back in the squad and, with their tails up following last Friday, I think we could win this 2-0. 

Absolutely Tartan Army Par.  They are hugely physical and will be thumping balls into the channels and into our box.  Bene being available for this is huge, as is having Otoo and Hamilton in midfield.  I hope there will be better protection for Mehmet as we know if they do go direct on top of him it could be a long afternoon.  They may still have no Oakley which makes this a very winnable game, but it looks like they are hoping he’s back for this.

I really hope we go all out to win this and not be a turgid “aim not to lose” performance, as this is a chance to really put down a marker as to which play offs we are aiming for.  Probably not a better chance to get at this Morton team, and give them a good slap back for what they did to us last month. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tartan Army Par said:

I think Oakley has been injured recently, which coincides with them losing their last three games. They are quite direct and the big guy seems to be a huge part of what they are all about.

You're right because he gets away with absolute murder, he could easily have seen red in the last game at Cappielow, but we completely allowed ourselves to be bullied by him and he took full advantage, he's not a particularly good footballer. With Bene back, it won't happen again I don't think, and MFW has had a good run of games at centre back now which will hopefully stand him in better stead.