The Pars v Queens Park

We win 3-0, Thistle beat Airdrie by a couple and then we're all looking towards Friday night, thinking that Utd could beat Airdrie to clinch the title.  

United win 4-0 and then all we need to do to take it to the last day is beat ICT at home...  1-0 Caley due to a last minute penalty, everyone in the team plays terribly.

12 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

We win 3-0, Thistle beat Airdrie by a couple and then we're all looking towards Friday night, thinking that Utd could beat Airdrie to clinch the title.  

United win 4-0 and then all we need to do to take it to the last day is beat ICT at home...  1-0 Caley due to a last minute penalty, everyone in the team plays terribly.

Sounds so simple!!!! 😂

16 hours ago, Stanza said:

To be fair to DD (must I?), he's using a guid Scots word, certainly in the West of Scotland. He spells it slightly differently from the Scottish National Dictionary, but spelling has always been flexible - particularly in the West ...

https://www.dsl.ac.uk/entry/snd/sndns2594#:~:text=MOLOCATE%2C v.,2000s).

Spot On Stanza - I heard the word for the first time many moons ago from Billy Connolly on his first hit album “Solo Concert” - I think it was used in the “Ivan the Terrible” story where a wee six stone welder decides to have a go with Ivan the Terrible - the monster wrestler from abroad who was performing at the local Fairground ……. Needless to say - Shug the six stone welder gets the better of the big man by biting his willy 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

EXACTLY !!!! It really is that simple…..

14 minutes ago, DougieDave said:

Spot On Stanza - I heard the word for the first time many moons ago from Billy Connolly on his first hit album “Solo Concert” - I think it was used in the “Ivan the Terrible” story where a wee six stone welder decides to have a go with Ivan the Terrible - the monster wrestler from abroad who was performing at the local Fairground ……. Needless to say - Shug the six stone welder gets the better of the big man by biting his willy 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Thanks for that fella, made my morning.  I haven't heard that for over 40 years, my mum had the album and I remember retelling the story at the school after I heard it because it was rude. Had absolutely no humour content when relayed in a West Fife accent. Was the coat story on the same album?

27 minutes ago, Boston Red Sox said:

Thanks for that fella, made my morning.  I haven't heard that for over 40 years, my mum had the album and I remember retelling the story at the school after I heard it because it was rude. Had absolutely no humour content when relayed in a West Fife accent. Was the coat story on the same album?

The coat story being about the one with the sleeves in the Eiderdown ? 

and here’s a fun start to yer day - enjoy 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DougieDave said:

Definitely a word he's used elsewhere too. I've never heard the Ivan the Terrible story, but I remember the word from a tape my dad had of, I think "Cop yer whack"... "Ah'll kill yooo... Ah'll molacate yooooo..."

Actually, now I say it, it might not have been Billy Connolly, it might have been one of the old Only an Excuse tapes (back when they were funny).

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, DougieDave said:

Also, a point of order, Mr Speaker... Ivan the Terrible is on "Get Right Intae Him" not "Solo Concert" - @DougieDave has therefore gravely misled this House and I call on him to correct his remarks.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SanguinePar said:

Also, a point of order, Mr Speaker... Ivan the Terrible is on "Get Right Intae Him" not "Solo Concert" - @DougieDave has therefore gravely misled this House and I call on him to correct his remarks.

In view of the foregoing Mr Dave has been officially stripped of his title "internet winner 18th April 2024"

Really big shake o the heid DD

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Anyway , I reckon Inverness will get full points against Raith tonight to put the pressure on us. 

Off topic , I have been on the stage of Carnegie Hall,New York but never been in the one in Dunfermline - odd that must remedy that one day !