The Pars v Queens Park

Back on topic, there has to be a massive improvement. We offered Kane absolutely nothing and from what I made out we went back to our awful set-up and slow play. 

Hopefully a better showing and a win to put any fears some fans might have about relegation play offs to bed. 

On 16/04/2024 at 10:42, Al k said:

We offered Kane absolutely nothing and from what I made out we went back to our awful set-up and slow

Was it the back three with KRH playing as a wing back?

I'm no master tactician but as a general observation we are always much better playing 4-2-3-1 and having guys like KRH playing further up the pitch. I'm sure our results since the Partick away game would prove that the four at the back has been much more effective.

Not sure why McPake keeps trying to go back to a formation that we've not done well with in this league. The wide players are too deep and we are very slow getting forward when we play the back 3 with wing backs.

Edited by Tartan Army Par

57 minutes ago, Tartan Army Par said:

Was it the back three with KRH playing as a wing back?

I'm no master tactician but as a general observation we are always much better playing 4-2-3-1 and having guys like KRH playing further up the pitch. I'm sure our results since the Partick away game would prove that the four at the back has been much more effective.

Not sure why McPake keeps trying to go back to a formation that we've not done well with in this league. The wide players are too deep and we are very slow getting forward when we play the back 3 with wing backs.

Yeah thats how it looked, its worrying why it keeps returning. Its been shown on many occasion we don't have the players for it at this level.

I'm thinking when Hamilton is not in the midfield we tend to be run over and we don't quite have the combative players to challenge it. Otto is good but when Hamilton and Otto were playing a defensive roll it was clearly evident that we struggle in the middle of the park. Probably why our striker(s) are so isolated 

1 hour ago, Superally said:

I'm thinking when Hamilton is not in the midfield we tend to be run over and we don't quite have the combative players to challenge it. Otto is good but when Hamilton and Otto were playing a defensive roll it was clearly evident that we struggle in the middle of the park. Probably why our striker(s) are so isolated 

Teams got plenty of shots against us in league one, they just weren't good enough to take advantage. 

Its a massive jump in quality in the championship and more often or not theres been at least one goal lost. Then we are too slow or not creative enough up the other end with the set-up.