The Pars v Queens Park

9 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Really ****ed off tonight.

We've got almost a full squad to choose from and put in a performance that was as bad if not worse than those when we had half our players out.

A lot of that was on the manager. 

Aye I walked out of EEP really annoyed yesterday, setting out, and then settling for a draw when Airdrie were getting thumped just really didn't sit right with me, that was with a full squad and a lineup that was only really missing Otoo, and we served up that? 

We have been an absolute chore to watch this season, I'll still get a season ticket next year, but the club are going to have to do some good work this summer to get the buzz going around the place, the NW has went flat and little wonder, what is there for them to get there teeth into and get behind? We need a summer of strong noises saying we're going for the title, we need the transfer buisness to match that. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Raymie said:

I really can’t see much changing on the park as those off the park have a different strategy 

Totally agree, Raymie. I drove up from Yorkshire for the game yesterday. I don’t get to many matches so was really looking forward to the occasion. What a let-down: it confirmed everything I’ve been reading on this (and the other unmentionable) forum over the past months. I’m a fan of McPake but you do feel the excuses are beginning to wear a bit thin. The many injuries and the resultant disruption I totally accept. But yesterday’s post-match criticism of the state of the pitch was almost laughable. It definitely looks like there is a long term strategy - no doubt part of the supposed “ten-year” plan - and I suspect probably that Meggle has considerable input; but this build up from the back strategy just doesn’t work for us and even if they spend another season trying to perfect it I doubt it ever will. We just don’t yet have (can’t afford?) the quality of player required to zip the ball upfield and mount meaningful attacks. It’s all so ponderous and on numerous occasions ended up with a misplaced cross field ball that could have resulted in a goal against. I felt yesterday that players looked completely lost. Hamilton was a case in point. I know how influential his presence has been but yesterday he was like a lost, headless chicken with some bizarre contorted interception attempts that inevitably left him caught out of position. And why isn’t KRH being given the chance to run at the opposition instead of the weird semi-midfield / defensive role that seems to be expected of him, etc., etc. The alternative long punt was no less effective; the ball usually ending up with the opposition. I’m really glad to see the back of this season in so many ways. At the start of it I personally would have been happy with consolidation - which is what we look 🤞 like achieving. Next season must be a different story though. It’s a clean sheet and we need a fresh and logical look at the player availability and adapt our game accordingly. I think we have the basis of a good squad with some exciting prospects coming through but we need a set-up that promises entertaining, attacking football instead of the nervy, insipid display that we witnessed yesterday. McPake will definitely be on trial.

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Raymie said:

I really can’t see much changing on the park as those off the park have a different strategy 

Everything's under control regardless of the high spends last season and this season. They're also committed to driving down costs going forward. That's been the message from the board. So, they'll be judged on their merits as far as I'm concerned.

I personally won't be getting involved in any further correspondence or communication with them, think my names **** with some of them anyway after the fairly recent efforts to gain clarity on concerns. As one fellow fan asked "what's it got to do with you", the answer to that is sod all.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

We have the set up off the pitch

We have a a fanbase other clubs would kill for.

We're being short changed on the park.

Been like that for a few years now.

Still ****ed off this morning.

Agree with this. The product on the park is poor and we get told that is now a successful season. Absolute bollocks. Maybe if we’d had a better squad at the season instead of another poor transfer window we’d have been in a better position. Don’t hold much hope going into the summer window that we will get it right 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

@Grant A group from the EEB were in Hospitality yesterday. Our thoughts are that its very good and we are looking to do similar next season. A three course meal with Coffee & Tea. Table service from the bar with pies and sausage roles at HT with tea & Coffee (No alcohol at HT). There is a bar with table service at FT. Leish does his bit as compare and there is a guest - yesterday it was Westie. Its up to you to determine if its good value - I think so. £60 for ST holders and £75 for Non ST Holders. Kids are welcome

• Upvote 3