The Pars v Queens Park

Airdrie are getting scudded to the extent where if we get a goal and win we're back to having an outside chance of the playoffs. 

And Mehmet is time wasting on goalkicks. We are just reeking of mediocrity, more worried about a point than trying to secure three, it just makes for an absolutely awful spectacle. 

I could stomach McPakes awful football when we won the league, but christ that's another brutal showing at EEP this season, how many times have people walked away entertained and happy with the performance? 

• Upvote 5

Cowardly stuff from the Pars today. Thistle do us exactly the favour we need, and at the end we're wasting time instead of trying to keep our thin hopes of promotion alive for another week?! FFS. Total lack of ambition, seemingly based on not losing.

And I'm not at all convinced that we're as good as safe. QP away at Arbroath, while we host an ICT team who need to keep fighting to get away from the playoff spot. Just takes another bad day and we're looking at being 3 ahead with a game to play and a trip to Ayr on Friday night needing a point.

So frustrating.

Well played Kane today, and most of the defence, most of the time (although none of them were without a dodgy moment either). Couple of great saves from Deniz. That apart, pretty poor all round, with some notable lowlights.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Seems a few weeks since we last put in a performance, my confidence in McPake ebbs with performances like this.

I stopped short of calling for him to go in that horrible run.

Didn't expect any better than 8th, some of the performance this season have been abysmal. We don't have the players for the formation and style of play, told KRH was in the middle today? Mccann starting instead of Jak, the addition of O' Halleron to then never play him in position and with the exception of MFW and Kane some terrible additions to the squad. 

Should have been a great achievement midtable its all a bit meh and head scratching.

Looking at scenarios for the final fixtures, we might need Morton to get a point at Inverness if everything else goes t**s up

Morton 44

Dunfermline 43

Ayr 42

Inverness 38

Queen's Park 37

Arbroath 23

26+27 April

Airdrie - Dundee Utd W

Arbroath - Queen's Park W

Dunfermline - Inverness W

Morton W - Raith 

Partick Thistle - Ayr W

Morton 47

Ayr 45

Dunfermline 43

Inverness 41

Queen's Park 40

Arbroath 23

3 May

Ayr W - Dunfermline  

Dundee Utd W - Partick Thistle

Inverness W - Morton  

Queen's Park W - Airdrie 

Raith W - Arbroath

Ayr 48

Morton 47

Inverness 44

Dunfermline 43 / Queen's Park 43 (GD)

Arbroath 23

We got an 8 point swing in goal difference, it won't happen. Both games will be tight with a goal deciding it. Get the season over, bring out the hoover, then get fresh faces in. We need to improve next season. Hopefully can make a challenge, or at least get a Play Off place at the right end. 

Keep saying it but this squad badly needs major work in the summer or it’ll be another season of trying to avoid relegation. This back 5 has never worked so why Mcpake keeps persisting with it is beyond me. Absolute garbage when we play it and our best performances of the season have come when we play a flat back 4, rely on Edwards far too much to get us forward and he’ll 100% be away in the summer. Too many players on another year left who’ll be happy sitting on the bench collecting a wage. ****e

• Upvote 2

Definitely agree with a 4, not least because it gets KRH back into the position he's been best in for us, RM/RW.

In fact  if we must play 5 at the back, I'd go 5-4-1 to allow KRH to be there and still have a FB behind him. It's not like we'd be losing much having only one up front, it felt like that today anyway.