Season tickets?

Grant

19 minutes ago, SRBpar said:

Still early, but was hoping for some news coming out off the club today in regards to season tickets or at least a signing/back room staff

Probably deserves a separate thread, but I really don't get what's happened here. 

How has it taken so long for St's to be released? I don't buy that it's worth waiting for a signing to reveal them with, if anything surely you want to "drip" your releases throughout pre season so as to retain interest? We had that update from Cook which didn't say much at all, but did say St's would be soon? And that was a week ago. 

We don't know our managers backroom staff

We don't have any kits 

We haven't made a single singing 

Tomorrow will be a month on from that QP game, and all we've achieved is getting rid of Hughes and bringing in McPake, less his backroom staff. 

That's a month with no income, when usually the club are needing those season tickets, are pushing the new kit... 

At the supporters meeting I was at their was talk of the training ground being ready for pre season? I'm presuming that's still the case because there's been not a single update since. 

Edited by Grant
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Grant said:

Probably deserves a separate thread, but I really don't get what's happened here. 

How has it taken so long for St's to be released? I don't buy that it's worth waiting for a signing to reveal them with, if anything surely you want to "drip" your releases throughout pre season so as to retain interest? We had that update from Cook which didn't say much at all, but did say St's would be soon? And that was a week ago. 

We don't know our managers backroom staff

We don't have any kits 

We haven't made a single singing 

Tomorrow will be a month on from that QP game, and all we've achieved is getting rid of Hughes and bringing in McPake, less his backroom staff. 

That's a month with no income, when usually the club are needing those season tickets, are pushing the new kit... 

At the supporters meeting I was at their was talk of the training ground being ready for pre season? I'm presuming that's still the case because there's been not a single update since. 

They have missed this month for people getting paid, so prob won’t be a big up take on ST until next month.

there is definitely a lot less on the rumour mill about signings etc.

I thought with cook coming in and his background a lot would have been down on ST sales fan engagement etc but seems to be less and less.

Agree with others it’s been a complete **** show since the season ended. Apparently communication was an area they were desperate to sort out and re connect with fans. Been told hee haw. Season ticket not even on sale and in previous years, RM always emphasised how important that cash was to help the club out in the close season

1 hour ago, Superally said:

I share much of your frustration Grant. The engagement with fans thus far has been poor. I hope this doesn't set the tone. There isn't even a word about the Forfar friendly.  

So there wasn't, bloody hell

26 minutes ago, Raymie said:

What Forfar friendly?

Forfar announced their pre season schedule on twitter a couple of days ago Raymie. 

Also frustrated on our lack of coms.

Mad idea, but I’ve heard it suggested just one person at the club does all the social media etc,  is it possible that we are run in such a amateur manner that if they go off on holiday for a bit then the clubs comms just stop completely?

Anyway, there’s no point in complaining, the board believe we have good fan engagement.

I think the season ticket situation is bizarre what is the complications holding up that announcement is it simply because they are going to be expensive.

would have expected something on coaching staff as well does our pre season not begin on Saturday?

Bizarre

While I would’ve expected an announcement on the coaching staff by now I would guess that it isn’t yet sorted and so there’s nothing to announce. The non-launch of season ticket sales is bizarre and self defeating as in previous years the message was always about how important it was to get the money in early - they can hardly say that now.

Just to see increase the weirdness the club has prioritised a communication on a fixture launch breakfast, which could mes with a discount for season ticket holders - what season ticket holders?

34 minutes ago, Number Eleven said:

While I would’ve expected an announcement on the coaching staff by now I would guess that it isn’t yet sorted and so there’s nothing to announce. The non-launch of season ticket sales is bizarre and self defeating as in previous years the message was always about how important it was to get the money in early - they can hardly say that now.

Just to see increase the weirdness the club has prioritised a communication on a fixture launch breakfast, which could mes with a discount for season ticket holders - what season ticket holders?

Apparently being charged £15 a head for the privilidge, or so I'm informed. 

9 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Apparently being charged £15 a head for the privilidge, or so I'm informed. 

Story here: https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Fixture_Release_Breakfast&ID=13799

Filled roll, tea/coffee, hear the fixtures first and meet the manager. Not sure I'd pay £15 for it, but at least they're making a bit of an event of it for anyone that wants to take part.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Story here: https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Fixture_Release_Breakfast&ID=13799

Filled roll, tea/coffee, hear the fixtures first and meet the manager. Not sure I'd pay £15 for it, but at least they're making a bit of an event of it for anyone that wants to take part.

I'll buy a roll on square sausage fae Stephens and get the post event gossip 😂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1