Season tickets?

Grant

5 hours ago, Grant said:

Probably deserves a separate thread, but I really don't get what's happened here. 

How has it taken so long for St's to be released? I don't buy that it's worth waiting for a signing to reveal them with, if anything surely you want to "drip" your releases throughout pre season so as to retain interest? We had that update from Cook which didn't say much at all, but did say St's would be soon? And that was a week ago. 

We don't know our managers backroom staff

We don't have any kits 

We haven't made a single singing 

Tomorrow will be a month on from that QP game, and all we've achieved is getting rid of Hughes and bringing in McPake, less his backroom staff. 

That's a month with no income, when usually the club are needing those season tickets, are pushing the new kit... 

At the supporters meeting I was at their was talk of the training ground being ready for pre season? I'm presuming that's still the case because there's been not a single update since. 

You are absolutely spot on Grant it does deserve a separate thread. 

It's a bit of a joke to offer a discount for season ticket holders for the fixture list breakfast when not one person has been able to buy a season ticket for the upcoming season should they wish to. 

I guess the club are now minted and don't need people to buy season tickets early now when in previous close seasons Ross McArthur was always saying that it was important for people to get one as soon as they could ad it was our only form of cash coming in during the close season.

Out of curiosity I clicked the link to buy tickets as I was thinking, surely it is for 2021/22 season ticket holders?.. 

Nope, the box clearly states 2022/23.

I actually think it's a strategy.

Put some distance between the scenes at full time at Queens Park and the selling of season tickets.

In between, appoint a new manager, announce a couple of encouraging new signings and launch the new kit.  Try and create a feeling of anticipation rather than the disconnect which was apparent a month ago.

They'll probably succeed until they ask for £350 to renew...

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Put some distance between the scenes at full time at Queens Park and the selling of season tickets.

In between, appoint a new manager, announce a couple of encouraging new signings and launch the new kit.  Try and create a feeling of anticipation rather than the disconnect which was apparent a month ago.

Was £305 for the Norrie last season. I’m expecting the same tbh 

It's a tricky one. Cost of everything is going up, so running costs at EEP will be higher.

On the flip side, people are feeling the pinch, we've been fairly sh!t for 18 months, we're in League One and the club have got a lot wrong, so the fans have less patience for any further **** ups.

They'd do well to cut the price and make sure they pitch it below whatever Falkirk charge. There will still be some that cite 'Clyde only charge x' or 'Kelty only costs y' but it's difficult to please everyone.

I think the new CEO has come in and with all the relegation/getting rid of Yogi/board changes/finding a new manager plus staff plus players… the list could go on…

What I would be expecting is a message to the fans explaining he is going through the list and it’s taking time. His job must be brutal at the moment with all the changes but I’m sure once done we will see a different approach next season. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

It's a tricky one. Cost of everything is going up, so running costs at EEP will be higher.

On the flip side, people are feeling the pinch, we've been fairly sh!t for 18 months, we're in League One and the club have got a lot wrong, so the fans have less patience for any further **** ups.

They'd do well to cut the price and make sure they pitch it below whatever Falkirk charge. There will still be some that cite 'Clyde only charge x' or 'Kelty only costs y' but it's difficult to please everyone.

It would be a joke if they try to charge more for going down a league 

18 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

I think the new CEO has come in and with all the relegation/getting rid of Yogi/board changes/finding a new manager plus staff plus players… the list could go on…

What I would be expecting is a message to the fans explaining he is going through the list and it’s taking time. His job must be brutal at the moment with all the changes but I’m sure once done we will see a different approach next season. 

As he himself would say…

“100 percent” 

1 hour ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

That's an interesting take regarding strategy. It's actually pretty clever if that is indeed the case. 

I don't think it's working at all tbh. 

People are feeling more disconnected now than they did a month ago (where the feeling was more of anger) because we have absolutely nothing to stick our teeth into with regards to next season. 

The bit where you said "Inbetween", aye, get all that stuff out to get people building towards next season, but do it in a couple of weeks, not over a whole month. We're a month past that game? Is there a feeling of anticipation? Is there kits out? Signings for fans to be excited about? Nah, absolutely none of it. In the meantime we've also had absolutely no communication about the training ground? 

Everything we've down off season has taken far, far, far, far too long. 

We took too long to bin Hughes, we took to long to announce what players were leaving, we took too long to announce kits, to announce season tickets, to announce our first signing. 

The only thing we did quickly was to appoint the successor to Hughes. Which we then couldn't even follow up with his backroom staff. 

Pre season starts in less than a week, how's everyone's feelings of anticipation? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Grant said:

I don't think it's working at all tbh. 

People are feeling more disconnected now than they did a month ago (where the feeling was more of anger) because we have absolutely nothing to stick our teeth into with regards to next season. 

The bit where you said "Inbetween", aye, get all that stuff out to get people building towards next season, but do it in a couple of weeks, not over a whole month. We're a month past that game? Is there a feeling of anticipation? Is there kits out? Signings for fans to be excited about? Nah, absolutely none of it. In the meantime we've also had absolutely no communication about the training ground? 

Everything we've down off season has taken far, far, far, far too long. 

We took too long to bin Hughes, we took to long to announce what players were leaving, we took too long to announce kits, to announce season tickets, to announce our first signing. 

The only thing we did quickly was to appoint the successor to Hughes. Which we then couldn't even follow up with his backroom staff. 

Pre season starts in less than a week, how's everyone's feelings of anticipation? 

The same as every pre season tbh

I'm sure season tickets will come out and we will sign players and the club will announce them in due course. When they do bring out STs I will buy one as usual. Tbh I lose interest in football generally during pre season so don't really feel "disconnected" and don't really check for announcements etc all the time or bother my arse when there's no news. Best signing we have had in recent years was cardle for the second time and he played as a trialist in a pre season game first. Signings will be made when the right ones come up hopefully. 

Edited by Fifes Elite

Pre-season is always the toughest time for fan engagement.  Which is why the club should be double or tripling down during that period. We could of announced Benedictus 4/5 days ago.  There was no reason to sit around and wait.  

Not a fan of sitting back and hoping. Our board have performed very badly recently,  The trust that they will just do the right thing is completely gone, lets hold them accountable and start looking for better.