Season tickets?

Grant

There's been a lot to deal with recently. Directors leaving, bedding in of a new CEO, relegation, termination of a managers contract, identify and secure a new manager, bedding in of a new manager, terminate players contracts, identify new players, reorganise elements of the club, plus a lot more. 

I think it's reasonable to give them time. I think it will improve at the club and we'll be ready to take part in the league come the first competitive game. 

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Fifes Elite said:

The same as every pre season tbh

I'm sure season tickets will come out and we will sign players and the club will announce them in due course. When they do bring out STs I will buy one as usual. Tbh I lose interest in football generally during pre season so don't really feel "disconnected" and don't really check for announcements etc all the time or bother my arse when there's no news. Best signing we have had in recent years was cardle for the second time and he played as a trialist in a pre season game first. Signings will be made when the right ones come up hopefully. 

Willing to be corrected, but Cardle didn't play as a trialist? It was a fairly open secret with him moving back to his house in Duloch but I'm fairly positive he didn't play as a trialist. 

2 hours ago, Piracy said:

There's been a lot to deal with recently. Directors leaving, bedding in of a new CEO, relegation, termination of a managers contract, identify and secure a new manager, bedding in of a new manager, terminate players contracts, identify new players, reorganise elements of the club, plus a lot more. 

I think it's reasonable to give them time. I think it will improve at the club and we'll be ready to take part in the league come the first competitive game. 

Don't want to sound overtly negative, but surely that happens in allot of pre seasons? 

The CEO has been in since February? I thought the point of him coming in then was that he could shadow Mr McArthur? Relegation has been a distinct possibility since the first quarter, if we haven't planned for that then it's quite frankly awful planning. Hiring and firing managers and players is par for the course. I'm just not seeing any reason, other than us being dreadfully unprepared, as a reason for us just being so slow this pre season. Even the signing of Benedictus, apparently done last week according to his interview, only released now, why? 

To not have season tickets on sale, when clubs have already finished there early bird offers is genuinely pretty mind boggling. 

10 hours ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Probably, on the whole, slightly greater than it was yesterday with the signing of Benedictus.

I did suspect you wouldn't be on board though...

Slightly greater than nothing, high praise. What a strategy! 

5 minutes ago, Grant said:

Willing to be corrected, but Cardle didn't play as a trialist? It was a fairly open secret with him moving back to his house in Duloch but I'm fairly positive he didn't play as a trialist. 

Don't want to sound overtly negative, but surely that happens in allot of pre seasons? 

The CEO has been in since February? I thought the point of him coming in then was that he could shadow Mr McArthur? Relegation has been a distinct possibility since the first quarter, if we haven't planned for that then it's quite frankly awful planning. Hiring and firing managers and players is par for the course. I'm just not seeing any reason, other than us being dreadfully unprepared, as a reason for us just being so slow this pre season. Even the signing of Benedictus, apparently done last week according to his interview, only released now, why? 

To not have season tickets on sale, when clubs have already finished there early bird offers is genuinely pretty mind boggling. 

I just have a feeling there was a lot more to do behind the scenes than we probably don’t know.

I can imagine Mr Cook will be as just disappointed. It’s not good enough but it must be an endless task trying to get things done and get the club moving forward. 

27 minutes ago, Grant said:

Wiki isn't gospel but it seems to match my recollection. I thought he played against east fife as a trialist too

Screenshot_20220607-092123_Chrome.jpg

1 minute ago, Fifes Elite said:

Wiki isn't gospel but it seems to match my recollection. I thought he played against east fife as a trialist too

Yeah he definitely played that game. Boy I’m pals with played for us at under 20’s and was the captain, and he said at the time Cardle played that night 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Fifes Elite said:

You're absolutely correct on both counts! Played and scored against East Fife. 

6 minutes ago, Digs said:

New prices announced along with an update from David Cook. 

Better than I expected tbh and I like the pricing for kids/young people. 

https://dafc.co.uk/tickets_z/

Aye, I think it’s reasonable all round.

With the updates over yesterday/today my suspicions that we seemed to waiting on someone coming back from holiday before we could do anything with our online content have got a bit stronger.