KDM Group East End Park.

Piracy

9 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

That is an absolute disgrace if true. Genuinely utterly appalling 

I fully understand your consternation, Keyser, but a club like ours cannot turn up it's nose at "free" money. Even Barcelona eventually came down from the moral high ground and accepted the bribe of sponsorship money.

You'll remember a time when any kind of shirt sponsorship was strictly forbidden by the SFA? I think Hibs were the first Scottish club to challenge it. Bukta? When they appeared on the BBC, they had to cover up the logo on their tops. 

The sad truth is that clubs who don't explore every money making opportunity are left behind by those who do.....

• Upvote 1

I'm actually proud of the club coming up with this idea and it's  implementation. 

The only better way would be a Hamburg scenario where some rich benefactor stumping up cash to beat any offer and keep the stadium sponsor free. 

I still don't think it matters and like I said, it's a good idea that's implemented, EEP is kept in the official name and we get a pay day.

6 hours ago, GG Riva said:

I fully understand your consternation, Keyser, but a club like ours cannot turn up it's nose at "free" money. Even Barcelona eventually came down from the moral high ground and accepted the bribe of sponsorship money.

It's not free money.

Also, yes Barca sold out. And yes there are teams like Bayern Munich, Man City and Arsenal who have new grounds with sponsors' names attached.

But there are also grounds like Anfield, Old Trafford, the Bernabéu, the Giuseppe Meazza, etc, which remain unsullied by being turned into a big advertising hoarding.

3 hours ago, Eastendtales said:

I'm actually proud of the club coming up with this idea and it's  implementation. 

It's hardly an original idea. This has been discussed re EEP for a long time.

The only better way would be a Hamburg scenario where some rich benefactor stumping up cash to beat any offer and keep the stadium sponsor free. 

That would indeed be better. Just before not doing it anyway because it's a horrible idea.

I still don't think it matters and like I said, it's a good idea that's implemented, EEP is kept in the official name and we get a pay day.

It may be in the name, but note how much smaller it is in that representation than KDM Group. It's like our stadium, the place which saw all those great European nights, is now an afterthought to an advert for a local business.

Makes me sick.

5 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

That would indeed be better. Just before not doing it anyway because it's a horrible idea.

It may be in the name, but note how much smaller it is in that representation than KDM Group. It's like our stadium, the place which saw all those great European nights, is now an afterthought to an advert for a local business.

Makes me sick.

There’s also a big Burger King sign along with many more adverts in the stadium.

The sponsors on our tops have always been much bigger than the club logo,  I’m not sure why that’s perfectly acceptable but a sign to the stand is where you draw the line.

47 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Makes me sick.

I'm sorry you feel that way. Genuinely as I've always enjoyed our chats over the years with regards to the Pars. We'll just have to disagree on this I'm afraid. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Piracy said:

I think it's a good move. A self made local guy (Pars fan) who's been putting money into the club for years is getting something back for his investment now. 

That’s good, at least there’s a Pars connection with the company doing the sponsoring.

I remember first going to east end and the first thing you’d see would be either the Thomsons world of furnishing billboard or indeed the Landmark signage so to me it’s not that much of a different take.

I think this version of branding on the stadium makes it look even better.  And if more is to go on the Norrie and the East stands, then great stuff as far as I’m concerned, breaks up the white boxy plain look currently.

2 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

It's not free money.

I know - that's why I put it in inverted commas. I also know that some clubs like Real have resisted the temptation but they were helped by the Madrid city council who bought their training ground for a ridiculous sum which allowed them to clear a massive debt. More overspending has seen their debt spiralling again, which is why Florentino Perez was desperately trying to get the European super league up and running.