KDM Group East End Park.

Piracy

13 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

If Allan doesn't have another job, playing for the Pars ( assuming we wanted him) would have been a better option. Of course he may have another job in the pipeline. 

Or he could just feel that Arbroath in the Championship would be a better shop window?

• Upvote 2

I`m pretty sure we could have made allowances for Scott? Train every other day or not take part in too much running, if health concerns was really the issue?
I suspect it was a financial decision though?

I recall players like Paul McGrath at Man Utd hardly trained because of his bad knees. Didn`t prevent him from being a class player for Utd and ROI

25 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

I'm struggling to follow the logic of that statement, KP.

How would part time football be less of a problem for his health than full time? Part time Arbroath will train just as hard as many full time teams, just in the evenings rather than during the day. As for the games themselves, I'm sure they'll run and work just as hard. 

If Allan doesn't have another job, playing for the Pars ( assuming we wanted him) would have been a better option. Of course he may have another job in the pipeline. 

He’s got a serious heart condition. Maybe training less will help that. Only training twice a week might help him manage it better

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Never mind the cladding, I'm expecting this in a couple of weeks 😉

IMG_20220818_141531.jpg

Kev and Willie do a great job but I suspect if they were asked to do that with the grass, the response would be two words and the second one would be 'off'...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, kelty_par said:

He’s got a serious heart condition. Maybe training less will help that. Only training twice a week might help him manage it better

Do part time train less hours per week and with less intensity? I also have a serious heart condition, although I don't know if it's similar to Scott Allan's. My cardiologist was happy for me to continue running because the heart muscle is strengthened by physical exercise. Still running 12 years on from the diagnosis. ☺

16 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

Do part time train less hours per week and with less intensity? I also have a serious heart condition, although I don't know if it's similar to Scott Allan's. My cardiologist was happy for me to continue running because the heart muscle is strengthened by physical exercise. Still running 12 years on from the diagnosis. ☺

So you believe part time teams train the same number of hours as full time teams? And glad to hear your doing well from your own condition 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

They usually train on a Tuesday and a Thursday night for a couple of hours.

36 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

So you believe part time teams train the same number of hours as full time teams? And glad to hear your doing well from your own condition 

Well I didn't know about part time teams which is why I asked. I do know that under AJ and Stevie Crawford, the Pars trained half days on Mon and Fri, double sessions on Tues and Thurs, off Sun and Wed. Not a lot of physical work on the half days, Mostly tactical stuff. Looking back on Mon, looking forward on Fri. Effectively 2 days training. 1.5 hours mornings. 1hr in gym in the 2 afternoons, so maybe not a huge difference.

Would explain why some part time teams appear just as fit as full time opponents.