KDM Group East End Park.

Piracy

1 hour ago, GG Riva said:

Well I didn't know about part time teams which is why I asked. I do know that under AJ and Stevie Crawford, the Pars trained half days on Mon and Fri, double sessions on Tues and Thurs, off Sun and Wed. Not a lot of physical work on the half days, Mostly tactical stuff. Looking back on Mon, looking forward on Fri. Effectively 2 days training. 1.5 hours mornings. 1hr in gym in the 2 afternoons, so maybe not a huge difference.

Would explain why some part time teams appear just as fit as full time opponents. 

I think the team have Monday off and are at Pitreavie tues-Friday then back to eep in the afternoon for lunch then gym session.

But you have to remember pt players could be a builder etc who’s job is labour intensive so their keeping fit at their work.

Edited by Secure Par
  • Upvote 1

I think generally top end PT players have closed the gap in fitness over the last 10 years or so,  I think a significant factor in that is they now many spend their early career FT with access to sport scientists and S&C coaches, this builds their knowledge and good habits that they can carry on into their PT careers.

Speculative and in slight contradiction to secure par i think PT players will be like society as a whole with have a lower proportion of players in jobs requiring manual labour than the past,  possibly benefiting them that that they will be less tired and have more ability to make their fitness be football targeted. 

• Upvote 1

Seeing how I never got a response to how DAFC could sell the sponsorship rights and rename a stadium they don’t own and profit from it, I did some research.

It turns out that DAFC Fussball GMBH were appointed as “person on significant control” of Pars United (EEP) Ltd on 14/2/22 the company that own EEP.

To my knowledge that position gives them 25% influence on all boardroom decisions to do with the stadium and one other directors vote now to carry all decisions.

7 hours ago, Rengade Master said:

Seeing how I never got a response to how DAFC could sell the sponsorship rights and rename a stadium they don’t own and profit from it, I did some research.

It turns out that DAFC Fussball GMBH were appointed as “person on significant control” of Pars United (EEP) Ltd on 14/2/22 the company that own EEP.

To my knowledge that position gives them 25% influence on all boardroom decisions to do with the stadium and one other directors vote now to carry all decisions.

They were always going to take over Pars United as they increased their ownership of the club. I was enlightened to this earlier this year by the then outgoing Pars United chairman. 

GmbH Fussball's intention is to buy the stadium back and bring all club assets under one structure.  It's all part of reestablishing/maintaining the clubs identity. They said this publically at a supporters night, I was there. Without being funny,  you should head along to these events and pose these type of questions straight to them,  you'd receive a more detailed response than you will on here 👍

• Upvote 5

On 17/08/2022 at 16:04, SanguinePar said:

It's not free money. If it was free money then the name would not be changing. They have bought something for their money, and I know they're doing it to support the club and all that, but that essential fact remains - we've sold another little bit of our history.

We may have sold a bit of the history but that is much better than becoming history. I share a lot of the thoughts and values but sometimes pragmatism kicks in. These guys seem decent and honest anyway and good to have backing us. I give it a plus. Why some bring politics and political jibes escapes me - it is a game of football for us all to enjoy, let of steam and escape from that nonsense.

• Upvote 2

On 17/08/2022 at 19:51, Eastendtales said:

I get that even if I have a different perspective. I don't think it'll go any further than that, we're hardly going to be Red Bull Pars anytime soon*

*we don't have wing(ers) anyway

We do need a winger much more than a debate about a name. You need 4 key players in a football team, a goalie, a centre half, a centre forward and a winger the rest just come along. Me, well I played rugby so what do I know. Keep having fun out there.

3 hours ago, Piracy said:

They were always going to take over Pars United as they increased their ownership of the club. I was enlightened to this earlier this year by the then outgoing Pars United chairman. 

GmbH Fussball's intention is to buy the stadium back and bring all club assets under one structure.  It's all part of reestablishing/maintaining the clubs identity. They said this publically at a supporters night, I was there. Without being funny,  you should head along to these events and pose these type of questions straight to them,  you'd receive a more detailed response than you will on here 👍

The whole ethos for a Community Club after the disastrous situation that Masterton led us into back in 2013/14 was to never return to a situation where one man or group could ever have enough control to be able to damage the club in a similar way. This all started with the dissolving of the supporters groups value of the shares and no-one seemed bothered. This allowed GmbH to gain a 75% controlling interest earlier this year. Now the same group without any announcement or advertised additional investment have taken over a substantial controlling interest in EEP.

Please forgive me for being a little concerned and sceptical especially when it appears we don't have very much money to invest in the players on the pitch, a view being shared by the manager when we have less than 2 weeks of the transfer window left.

To my mind and observations the club was being run far better and openly prior to GmbH becoming involved. Even to the point that the renaming of EEP would possibly have put out there in the open for fans input while considering the idea. 

1 hour ago, Rengade Master said:

The whole ethos for a Community Club after the disastrous situation that Masterton led us into back in 2013/14 was to never return to a situation where one man or group could ever have enough control to be able to damage the club in a similar way. This all started with the dissolving of the supporters groups value of the shares and no-one seemed bothered. This allowed GmbH to gain a 75% controlling interest earlier this year. Now the same group without any announcement or advertised additional investment have taken over a substantial controlling interest in EEP.

Please forgive me for being a little concerned and sceptical especially when it appears we don't have very much money to invest in the players on the pitch, a view being shared by the manager when we have less than 2 weeks of the transfer window left.

To my mind and observations the club was being run far better and openly prior to GmbH becoming involved. Even to the point that the renaming of EEP would possibly have put out there in the open for fans input while considering the idea. 

Exactly RM but again the sun shines out of our GMBH investors with a 75% takeover and now the stadium has a new name… what other plans are in the pipeline? 

4 hours ago, Rengade Master said:

Well aware of the community ethos,  not sure back in the day it was something you wholeheartedly embraced.  But forgive me if I got that wrong. Being sceptical is okay,  having an alternative opinion is okay.  However you've been inconsistent in your opinions. You have been critical of Ross McArthur,  who you openly accused of running out on the club because he apparently knew something controversial was in the pipeline.  Now you're saying you preferred what happened under his tenureship. You said that that GmbH Fussball were here because their intentions was to sell off our ground to a German supermarket chain. That's a pretty complex and rubbish business plan being honest. I don't claim to know the former Chairman well but I made a judgement many years ago he is a decent, honest man with principles and integrity.  A man who,  when in charge done his best to grow the club.  He went out and brought in fresh investment and he explained about the lengthy and arduous process of getting the right type of investors for the club to progress. Using his judgement,  a judgement that stood him in good stead given what he done to save the club and served him well in becoming a successful self made man.  Nick Teller is by all accounts a man of integrity.  Thomas Meggle spent most of his time involved at all levels with St Pauli,  a club who are renowned world wide for their remarkable socially inclusive club ethos. I've no problems with their intentions. I do think they can improve on their communications,  but then again they have been improving since CEO Cook has been shoving his feet further under the table.  I see us top of our league,  I see the NW season ticket numbers growing and I see the passion among the younger element every home and away game growing. I hear McPake saying he's frustrated at the type of player he wants not being available,  I'm also sure he mentioned the board being frustrated too.  I believe there's budget available, but it will be a budget with restrictions,  which will be linked with financial prudence. A legacy of Ross McArthurs ethos while in charge.  Happy to hear different opinions from fellow fans,  but not conjecture based on Internet research suggesting foul play without any real basis. 

• Upvote 4