Pars v St Johnstone

Superally

The Pars face St Johnstone tonight at EEP in another friendly leading up to the season start, an adult ticket price of £10 should entice a reasonable crowd as would the challenge of facing a team playing at a higher level. St Johnstone rallied towards the end of the season finishing the season in 9th place but it was last gasp to avoid a relegation playoff place. The Pars will want to see further progress from the defeat against St Pauli and draw against Cove. The interest will be t see if there will be another trialist other than McGowan. Tod may make an appearance for the first time and Breen will probably get some game time. Benedictus may also feature after missing out against Cove, but I doubt that KRH will make it.

Played well overall, bar getting the runaround for the last 10-15 of the first half. 

Lots of switching around, testing versatility, lots of minutes in legs, got the young boys some good game time and created some decent chances. 

In the end, a good exercise and an enjoyable game for a preseason friendly. Job done. 

A good game for us with lots of positives, St Johnstone scored a peach against the run of play and the dominated the last 10-15 of the first half. However I didn't think they were any better than us. Lots of changes of shape a good few of the youngsters played well when they came on. For me it shows that we need a striker, and I think McGowan played well. Fair play to the Saints they brought through a decent crowd for the game. I think it will be different game against Hearts on Sunday.