Pars v St Johnstone

Superally

44 minutes ago, the saline hill puma said:

Decent game for a friendly and played well with some nice phases of play.

McCann has to do better with his two chances when put through on goal though (both really good balls by McGowan I think)

He was unlucky with the second one, the ball from McGowan was a brilliant pass. It was good goalkeeping from the keeper to eliminate any other option than what he chose. 

Without KRH it shows we need width and we will struggle to score goals. We were hardly prolific scorers last season and we can't rely on our defence being as solid given the step up. Need another two strikers on the books sharpish.   

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Without KRH it shows we need width and we will struggle to score goals. We were hardly prolific scorers last season and we can't rely on our defence being as solid given the step up. Need another two strikers on the books sharpish.   

Not sure I agree with that. There were crosses going across the face of goal all night. It proved we need another striker. 

Often Wighton was holding it up and getting it wide but Cant do that and then always get on the end of crosses. 

The one thing last night did prove was that even though we might be a bit light, the squad is very adaptable with several players playing in more than one position comfortably.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Digs said:

Not sure I agree with that. There were crosses going across the face of goal all night. It proved we need another striker. 

Often Wighton was holding it up and getting it wide but Cant do that and then always get on the end of crosses. 

The one thing last night did prove was that even though we might be a bit light, the squad is very adaptable with several players playing in more than one position comfortably.

I agree that there were a good number of crosses into the box and there was invariably no one on the end of them, but we wont play three at the back with Edwards and Comrie as wide men every week. With a more traditional flat back four I think we will struggle for width. 

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

I agree that there were a good number of crosses into the box and there was invariably no one on the end of them, but we wont play three at the back with Edwards and Comrie as wide men every week. With a more traditional flat back four I think we will struggle for width. 

We played that formation pretty much the whole of last season. 

Mcpake was happy to use comrie as a wingback last year and I don't think that has changed, he's more than capable there.  Only real reason he didn't play there more was fisher going back to dundee making him the only real choice for RCB.  With fisher back he can play we can continue with the 3-4-3 varients that we used often even with KRH unavailable. 

I don't mind the starting 11 we had, I think it would do ok in the championship,  we do need to get bodies in to add a bit of depth and also 1/2 guys that are going to change it from an ok side into a good one.

• Upvote 1