Queens Park v Pars

Superally

17 minutes ago, Superally said:

A "pish" striker that scored 20 last season. To quote Dougie Dave some of our supporters are arseholes. Some of our fans have no idea when it comes judging a players ability 

I'm pretty sure DD included himself in that category. His claim started with the word "All football fans...." 😃 🤪

Edited by GG Riva
  • Like 1

There was some great play between Wighton and O'Halloran starting at 3.55 into the highlights video. Wighton from the centre of the park played a ball to O'Halloran then went the other side of him on the wing and got it back from O'Halloran. Wighton then played a 1-2 with him and sprinted inside pointing to where he wanted the ball played to inside the box. O'Halloran obliged and Wighton got to the byeline and cut the ball back for McCann for a great chance on goal.  Completely opened up the defence with quick sharp interchanges.

• Upvote 3

Wighton isn't a chase lost causes type forward like Declan McManus or Kevin O'Hara, which is why I think he gets so much stick but he's a far better footballer than either of those two.

He mindset is more about how he can create an opening or bring somebody into play because he has confidence in his touch and ability rather than using his energy snapping at defenders feet for 90 minutes.

Edited by Tartan Army Par
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

12 hours ago, Tartan Army Par said:

Wighton isn't a chase lost causes type forward like Declan McManus or Kevin O'Hara, which is why I think he gets so much stick but he's a far better footballer than either of those two.

He mindset is more about how he can create an opening or bring somebody into play because he has confidence in his touch and ability rather than using his energy snapping at defenders feet for 90 minutes.

Exactly, which is why he's in the team and is doing precisely what he is being asked to do.

17 hours ago, Legend85 said:

Nicky Clarke got unbelievable abuse and some folk genuinely think he only got picked because of his dad. 

Anyone who thought Nicky Clarke was poor should really stop watching football and take up another sport because they haven't got a clue what they're on about. 

He was another one accused of being 'lazy', yet scored 29 goals in 62 games for us, nearly a goal every two games which is the general yardstick for a good striker. 

I also watched him deliberately one week to see just how 'lazy' he was. In that game, against Queen of the South, he made 6 front post headers to clear from their corners. Aye, he just stands about on the halfway line though...

Everyone has the right to an opinion, absolutely, but I also reserve the right to tell them that they're talking pish if I've got to sit and listen to them slaver in my ear for 90 mins.

• Upvote 9

10 hours ago, Digs said:

Exactly, which is why he's in the team and is doing precisely what he is being asked to do.

Anyone who thought Nicky Clarke was poor should really stop watching football and take up another sport because they haven't got a clue what they're on about. 

He was another one accused of being 'lazy', yet scored 29 goals in 62 games for us, nearly a goal every two games which is the general yardstick for a good striker. 

I also watched him deliberately one week to see just how 'lazy' he was. In that game, against Queen of the South, he made 6 front post headers to clear from their corners. Aye, he just stands about on the halfway line though...

Everyone has the right to an opinion, absolutely, but I also reserve the right to tell them that they're talking pish if I've got to sit and listen to them slaver in my ear for 90 mins.

And that is what is wrong with the Scottish game…fans love the player who runs about like a headless chicken thinking “what a shift he put in” but there are players with the ability to look at a game and press/tackle when needed. 
It’s all press, press, run and run but if the ball goes out from the back surely just hold your pisitions and let the runners press and do the hard work🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Secure Par
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

The most impressive thing about Nicky Clarke was his movement in the box, you'll often see fans clamouring to sign a 6ft + striker to get on the end of crosses, but Nicky Clarke scored from more crosses than I've seen any Dunfermline striker because he knew how to get free in the box. Very good striker. 

• Upvote 2