The Pars v The Jags

Superally

The Pars are on an unbeaten run of three games with a draw and two wins and face a Partick Thistle team placed just 4pts above them at EEP this Saturday. A win for Partick will allow them to pull away with a 7pt lead, however a Pars win will take us within a single point with the Pars having a game in hand (Queens Park). So potentially this is a crucial game and like so many in this league there is a lot to play for. The Jags absolutely pumped us 3-0 at Firhill and while we were not as bad as the scoreline suggests, we simply made far too many mistakes. The Jags do have decent form as they are the second highest scorers (31) in the league in comparison to the Pars with just 18. Defensively the Pars fare much better with the second best defence (15) with the Jags conceding 25. Recent form indicates Partick have a slight edge and a draw looks like the most likely option. However, the Pars are at home and if we can marshal Brian Graham I think the Pars can pull out a 2-1 win. COYP

• Upvote 1

While a draw wouldn't be a disaster, I think the management team will set us up to go for a win, especially with us being at home, and I think we might just shade it. 2-1. 

I think Sam Fisher could be 50-50 but McPake is very protective of his players, so he'll probably be on the bench, but unlikely to feature. Agree with the manager if this happens. Better to have a fully fit player next week than risk him aggravating his injury on Saturday and being out for longer.