Transfer window

Al k

7 minutes ago, Grant said:

Can't say the board didn't back McPake, they agreed the terms with Dundee, he just simply didn't want to join us. 

Think some pars fans thought this was a done deal and would be announced today. I can't blame him for picking them. 

2 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

Think some pars fans thought this was a done deal and would be announced today. I can't blame him for picking them. 

It's yet another player that we've targeted though that we've failed to close out the deal. We seem utterly awful at closing out deals. 

We're not getting an experienced defender are we? 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Grant said:

It's yet another player that we've targeted though that we've failed to close out the deal. We seem utterly awful at closing out deals. 

We're not getting an experienced defender are we? 

Meggle and Cook can't seem to get deals over the line. This Meggle has been all talk.

It's a pretty poor situation given we've been trying to get this player in. Fair play if what we're offering isn't suiting him but it's like we're not too great at closing deals. It is pretty annoying if it's Rovers who end up getting him.

• Upvote 1

McPake has made his targets to the board over the past few months and then it’s up to Cook etc to get a deal done…We got Kane and nobody else… Not getting Ashcroft could make us relegation fodder… you would think as our 1st back 3 are out the board will do everything to bring an experienced defender in? There’s something not right going on!

This is a football decision. He’s getting his current contract paid no matter where he goes so it’s not about money. We’ve agreed a deal with Dundee same as the Rovers, so it’s his choice where he goes. Possible medal for a title or a relegation battle? Tough choice when you’re out of contract at the end of the season. As much as it’s pains me to say it, currently, we’re not as attractive an option as the Rovers. It’s as simple as that.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Digs said:

This is a football decision. He’s getting his current contract paid no matter where he goes so it’s not about money. We’ve agreed a deal with Dundee same as the Rovers, so it’s his choice where he goes. Possible medal for a title or a relegation battle? Tough choice when you’re out of contract at the end of the season. As much as it’s pains me to say it, currently, we’re not as attractive an option as the Rovers. It’s as simple as that.

They are also being run better than us. They managed to sign Murray's targets in the summer and it's paying off for them. Potter and Barrowman seem to be a lot better than Cook and Meggle at getting players in. 

It's all fine, I'm sure on Thursday we will get "Close with a couple and hopefully one in before the game"

I don't think theres any intention to bring anyone in and we are just going through the motion's. There is no way a club being professionally run can miss out on so many signings and then panic at the end of the window closures. Worked with KRH and Otto but Mahon, Mcgowan, Jakubiak and Benjiman didn't or haven't so far. All massive panics.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Digs said:

My biggest worry is that currently Raith are, however they were landing targets above us in the summer aswell when they'd just finished seventh in the Championship and we were coming off a title. 

3 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

Don't think good timing by the PST with the post they just put up lol

Missed it, what's that? 

3 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

We are desperate for a CB now so offer more ££ to Ashcroft for wages or Dundee till the end of the season? 

It won't make a difference, we agreed a deal with Dundee, unless we offer them a large fee to make them reject Raiths offer, but where's that money coming from?