Pars v Airdrie

He's been at fault for a few goals this season, but not half as many as some want to make out. He's also made some great saves.

He's definitely a better shot stopper than he is at dealing with cross-balls.

All in all then, he is similar to many other keepers in the Championship.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

He's been at fault for a few goals this season, but not half as many as some want to make out. He's also made some great saves.

He's definitely a better shot stopper than he is at dealing with cross-balls.

All in all then, he is similar to many other keepers in the Championship.

No. He's worse than most goalkeepers I've seen in this league. So not all in all then. 

7 hours ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

What was your issue with Mehmet tonight?

7 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

Don't recall Mehmet doing much wrong other than a couple of poor kicks (and he certainly wasn't the only one from either team, the pitch looks in terrible condition).

Nothing he could do about either goal IMO and he didn't look dodgy anywhere.

The second goal is primarily down to Mehmet, just before the shot a cross came in that was high and in the air for ages, Mehmet had a couple of options 

1)Come for it, with how long it was in the air and the trajectory of the ball, and with no Airdrie players going for it he could've walked out and cought it

2)Communicated with Miles, with no Airdrie players behind him he could've let the ball run, he could've made himself available for Miles to knock it down with his chest, sadly it got cleared straight to an Airdrie player. 

The first goal was at the other end of the park but I don't think Mehmet can get to it, was a good ball. The second one though? The way he was glued to his line was maddening. 

However the most frustrating thing about last night was how the team just crumbled when we went two down. Upto that point we'd been the better side, created more chances and looked like the game was there for us. As soon as that second goal went in the players heads went collectively up there own arses and it was pretty clear to see they just wanted the game to end. 

3 hours ago, Grant said:

The second goal is primarily down to Mehmet, just before the shot a cross came in that was high and in the air for ages, Mehmet had a couple of options 

I'll need to watch it again. At the time my impression was that it was too far out for Mehmet to come and that it would have been risky for MWH to try and direct it back to the keeper. A clearance was the right choice I thought, although ideally not a clearance straight to an Airdrie player in the centre of the park.

• Upvote 1

Watched the highlights of the Airdrie goals. No guarantee he would have got near the cross, for the 1st goal. 2nd goal was a screamer. Gordon Banks wouldn't have got that. We got beat because we couldn't hit the target. It is that simple. We had a similar start to the Ayr game, especially on the front foot, creating chances from the off. If Kane had played, maybe he would have made the goalie make a save.

Edited by scottyboy
  • Upvote 1

The Ayr was pretty tight to be fair, we played well but got a few wee breaks which helped massively, the terrible mistake for Kanes' goal which he admittedly finished well & also the pinball wizard affair that Chalmers cleared off the line to name but two. Them's the breaks.

Last nights game was one of those were goals, as ever, were so important. If we'd scored in the first minute, then it's a totally different game. Instead they score with one of their few attacks & we couldn't finish our dinner.

Just need to forget about it & move on.

Just watched the goals.  Defensively so poor at the first one.  No one tracking the wide runner, who was then given far too much room to make the cross.  Harsh to say that Mehmet should come for that as the height that was catchable/reachable was well beyond far post - Edwards gets beaten by Todorov in the air.  Stop the cross, stop the goal.  Second one is a good finish. 

Chalk up another one for the season for Todorov who while wasn’t my favourite, he did have a habit of being an impact when we needed to change style.  Accept he was utter mince when we played them earlier in season, but so was that full Airdrie team.  Could think of a few games this season where him being in the squad for us would have made a significant difference.   At the time he was the only one released who I was pretty on the fence with.  Suspect if McPake had more idea of the difficulty he’d face bringing in a replacement, he may well have kept todorov for another year.  

Just how important has Chris Kane become to us?

Sorry, but having watched the goals back, if you're blaming Mehmet for either of those two goals, you will be blaming him for every goal we concede from now on - which I realise some will do anyway.  

The 2nd goal is a looping cross, which is falling right on the head of MWH.  He's 12 yards out, to the right of the goal and in a fair amount of space.  I don't think there are many keepers that come rushing out their goal to try and catch or punch it. 

• Upvote 3