The Pars v The Arabs

42 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

And I was meaning that we held Utd to a 0-0 draw, having not played in 3 weeks.  We then lost Fisher from the backline and lost 8 goals over the next 2 weeks.  On that evidence, he seems quite a valuable asset.

On the flipside he still wasn't a part of the side that conceded 2 goals in the next four games, which included two clean sheets. I think that's the best defensive run we've had this season. 

On that evidence we can manage just fine without him... 

Pointing at those two games also ignores that compared to now - 

- Benedictus is back

-MFW has gotten upto speed

-Benjamin isn't a starter 

If everyone was fully fit I'd have no idea about what squad we'd play, but I just don't see Fisher as being that much drastically better than MFW. 

To play them all you then go for the 5 at the back formation where we have looked utterly dreadful going forward this season, is that an improvement? 

41 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

One thing fisher brings which no one else does is accurate long distance passing,  that's bound to help us in attack.

I was just about to post the same. What he and Benedictus give us is the long ball out of defence. That’s been a very useful tactic. Nobody else can play those 

3 hours ago, Grant said:

On the flipside he still wasn't a part of the side that conceded 2 goals in the next four games, which included two clean sheets. I think that's the best defensive run we've had this season. 

On that evidence we can manage just fine without him... 

Pointing at those two games also ignores that compared to now - 

- Benedictus is back

-MFW has gotten upto speed

-Benjamin isn't a starter 

If everyone was fully fit I'd have no idea about what squad we'd play, but I just don't see Fisher as being that much drastically better than MFW. 

To play them all you then go for the 5 at the back formation where we have looked utterly dreadful going forward this season, is that an improvement? 

I'd play 5 at the back with everyone fully fit.  We've generally looked bad all season whatever the formation but we've never had Benedictus, KRH, Todd, Kane etc all available - so I think it would be the best option.

And Fisher is quite clearly the second coming of Beckenbauer.

Edited by DA-go Par Adonis