The Pars v ICT

34 minutes ago, Piracy said:

That was utter f*ckin tripe. I was utterly bemused and frustrated with what was served up today. I don't think McPake will be here next season, I think they'll go head hunt another manager. I think they've just thought down tools, there's no fight, resilience, guile, hunger, desire, ambition etc, utterly dejected with the last couple of games. There's something not right at the club, you can call me a sh*t stirrer, a moaning c*nt, but I couldn't give a toss, it needs sorted.

Are you serious? The first line, fair enough. The rest? Mad ramblings

Edited by da_no_1

McPake has done the bare minumum this season. There have been injuries but that doesn't excuse the last few weeks. That turgid slow passing around the back 3 with no real plan of attack. It's horrible. So much better when we get width from wingers than full backs. KRH is totally wasted under McPake. 

He gets next season to improve the style and make us more of a cohesive attacking threat and get us in the play-offs for promotion. Out the door if he can't do it.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

1. There’s 50k to play for, that can easily be a players wage or be enough to secure 2/3 that would go elsewhere without the extra cash.

2. first team places will be rewarded to younger players when they prove themselves the best choice for the team over more experienced players they should absolutely not be given out without doing that. 

2. Bollocks, top managers regularly play strong sides towards end of season even with secured titles etc, virtually never do they play a team full of kids. At best it would be one or two.

We'll probably not get 5th with our strongest team. Alex Ferguson would never fling in 2nd string players for a game that doesn't matter. We know what most of the first team can achieve. Should have done the same last season with the team that finished 20 points clear of Airdrie.

Was bitterly disappointed with that performance. ICT never really challenged but still it took us 30mins to get into the game. I thought we just about deserved the lead when Bene scored but only just. You can see can see why ICT are battling to avoid the play off place yet we have four successive draws with them this season! Injuries apart we have witness some utterly pathetic performances this season and its not good enough for a Pars team to submit to teams in the way they have done this season. Well done to Mehmet for saving the Pen had, they scored I think they would have gone on to win. Today was the first time I have seen the Pars properly manage a game out yet the times when we needed to do it the "craft" was clearly missing. Today it was bordering on a disgrace at home against a team fighting for safety who were so open and desperate to take the 3pts, we were pathetic. Saving the one point as opposed to taking the three at home is something I never want to see again. McPake better have a stellar close season or he will be gone by the next transfer window. That wasn't anywhere near good enough.

7 hours ago, Yorkiepar said:

Not disagreeing with you, but I have a sneaky feeling that McPake is probably only doing his masters’ bidding. For me the question is, how long will McPake be prepared to hang around if better offers come his way.

Aye? Who on earth is taking on McPake? 

That was awful today, as if has been for most of the season. Buzzing for McPake to stubbornly persist with the same system next year. 

8 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Nope. Just musing that you're slavering 

Cheeky ****. 

McPake is struggling to get his team playing well, nobody can defend that garbage yesterday. No slavering there. 

It wouldn't surprise me if he were to get moved along. Yes, I'm making assumptions but I genuinely think they looked like we'd given up, which is opposite to last seasons team. 

I stand by things not being right at the club. 

I think McPake will go in the summer very much in the manner John Hughes left tbh, there doesn't seem to be any urgency to offer key players new deals or us even getting linked with anyone.  

I am also hearing that certain people are also allegedly very difficult to deal with during negotiations and players are being advised to look elsewhere for opportunities.

Last two games at home have been awful. We had pretty much a fully fit squad, with plenty of first team experience on the bench, so we can’t use that as an excuse. Both were winnable games against teams I rate as poorer than us, but the belief was not there and two draws were about all we deserved. 
Had Benedictus not played, we would have been looking at two defeats. 
nowhere near good enough. 

Edited by Raymie
  • Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, Deutsch Par said:

I think McPake will go in the summer very much in the manner John Hughes left tbh, there doesn't seem to be any urgency to offer key players new deals or us even getting linked with anyone.  

I am also hearing that certain people are also allegedly very difficult to deal with during negotiations and players are being advised to look elsewhere for opportunities.

Which key players haven’t been offered deals????

I think McPake will still manage us, until he can take us as far as we can go. He'll need to get a Play Off place imo. He definitely will have to get the right players in to get near it though. It would be good to see some attacking football, play to win style of stuff for a change. Raith finished 22 points ahead of us this year, so we got a lot of catching up to do to improve. Oh! We need to offload a good few players to do this. 

Going to be some league next season, exceptionally competitive. We can't compete effectively without really overhauling the squad we currently have. I believe most Pars fans would agree with that. We've not been dynamic or overtly ambition in previous windows and we've got players signed on lengthly deals. This is going to take some collectivd effort to manage this successfully and put us in a good position for top 4 finishing. Are our board and management aligned on strategy for dealing with this?, let's hope so. 

• Upvote 1

Positives?  We managed the game out, made sure we didn’t lose any late possession or goals.

Mehmet, Bene, Alan  

That’s it. 

A very low bar.  With pretty much a full and experienced squad, that was dire.  I’ll renew my season ticket, but unless the quality of players and play improves, I’ll be much more selective about Saturday afternoons.  

As JM says, a big summer coming up!

Edited by Dave
Update
  • Upvote 1