The Pars v ICT

Safe but Christ the 50 odd minutes I caught was utterly grim. 

Get this football and shape to ****, theres more chance of us losing than winning playing that way. Would like MFW and Kane to stay. The rest can go, Miles I would take if he were to be released.

Thank god we are safe now, get some of the young ones in for next week. 

Churlish to complain but Getting increasingly hacked off with McPake. Zero attacking football , no energy no style zilch entertainment

More and more difficult to get motivated to make the effort to get to EEP

34 minutes ago, livipar2 said:

Absolute dross again.

McPake needs a fast start to next season and a huge improvement in home form or he will be under serious pressure quickly.

Not disagreeing with you, but I have a sneaky feeling that McPake is probably only doing his masters’ bidding. For me the question is, how long will McPake be prepared to hang around if better offers come his way.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Yorkiepar said:

Not disagreeing with you, but I have a sneaky feeling that McPake is probably only doing his masters’ bidding. For me the question is, how long will McPake be prepared to hang around if better offers come his way.

Can’t see anyone coming in for him with his playing style. Absolutely brutal and doesn’t even get much success from it

• Upvote 2

Really disappointed in the players’ attitude today. Timewasting at home when drawing is really not what we should be doing. Overall the game was poor and we’ve been served up some really bad fare at home this season. 
I agree with the manager that this is a big summer as there needs to be big improvements if we are going to challenge for promotion.

23 minutes ago, Number Eleven said:

Really disappointed in the players’ attitude today. Timewasting at home when drawing is really not what we should be doing

That was how I felt last week, but I had less of a problem with it today, once it got to 90+ minutes.

Last week we still had something to try and achieve, with Airdrie getting hammered. This week it was just about not losing.

I wasn't too happy with how we approached the second half, but once it was almost over I don't mind them just running down the clock and getting this miserable season over with.

• Upvote 2

Even if it wasn't the point to confirm safety I'd argue there's justification to do everything to secure a point when you play as **** as we did at times today. 

I'm more frustrated we needed to do it than that we did, I'm sure everyone including players and management would have liked to added a 2nd early 2nd half and control possession from there,  we're not good enough to do that tho,  so you do the other things to get the point.

Massive summer for the club coming up.

A season to forget for me. Probably went to about 6 games this time. It's a tough watch. If I was James McPake, I'd play this team next Friday, but I'm not James McPake. Honestly speaking, I couldn't give a Peking Duck if we get 5th place. Get shot of some of the squad, or it's the same again next season.

IMG_20240427_202249.jpg

That was utter f*ckin tripe. I was utterly bemused and frustrated with what was served up today. I don't think McPake will be here next season, I think they'll go head hunt another manager. I think they've just thought down tools, there's no fight, resilience, guile, hunger, desire, ambition etc, utterly dejected with the last couple of games. There's something not right at the club, you can call me a sh*t stirrer, a moaning c*nt, but I couldn't give a toss, it needs sorted.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Got to play our strongest side next week, it’s about £50k difference between 5th and 7th, worthwhile chasing

Our strongest side will play for a draw at best. Reward the reserves for their exploits winning the Cup. Yir top managers would do this with nothing to play for. 

16 minutes ago, scottyboy said:

Our strongest side will play for a draw at best. Reward the reserves for their exploits winning the Cup. Yir top managers would do this with nothing to play for. 

1. There’s 50k to play for, that can easily be a players wage or be enough to secure 2/3 that would go elsewhere without the extra cash.

2. first team places will be rewarded to younger players when they prove themselves the best choice for the team over more experienced players they should absolutely not be given out without doing that. 

2. Bollocks, top managers regularly play strong sides towards end of season even with secured titles etc, virtually never do they play a team full of kids. At best it would be one or two.