The Pars v ICT

No chance that McPake is leaving with him contracted to the club. Not one chance. 

It's possible that him and everyone just need a decent break away, time to forget everything then come back blazing pre season. Feel like that just supporting them from afar. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Eastendtales said:

No chance that McPake is leaving with him contracted to the club. Not one chance. 

It's possible that him and everyone just need a decent break away, time to forget everything then come back blazing pre season. Feel like that just supporting them from afar. 

Your confidence is heartening. 

Anyone watching the last few cannot fail to see the lack of confidence in our ability and game plan. I think there's something affecting things behind the scenes. There's an almost prevelant air of apathy about the club on match days.

I hope James McPake stays and gets full backing from the club over the summer. He does do a lot of analytical stuff and talks really enthusiasticly about learning about the game. I think he's an honest and passionate guy.

I'm not convinced about the board and their future plans for the development playing side, which is what most fans worry about. There's 2 consecutive seasons of heavy financial losses to consider and the intention to reign in the spending and how that influences signings. It's great that board to say that Gmbh Fussball were absolutely willing put their hand in to their pocket to put the necessary £300k in to the development of the academy/training facilities, but how long will they keep putting substantial sums of cash into the club? 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Eastendtales said:

Can't say I'd be upset if he left tbh, I don't mind pragmatic football if it's getting you results, I enjoy a good defensive performance (Really enjoyed our win away at Cappielow with regards to this) but for the most part the football we play is so, so dull. 

On one hand you could say he's been unfortunate with injuries, on the other you can say that they've maybe stopped allot of criticism coming his way, we've had a full squad for the last few games and it's been dreadful. 

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, Piracy said:

Cheeky ****. 

McPake is struggling to get his team playing well, nobody can defend that garbage yesterday. No slavering there. 

It wouldn't surprise me if he were to get moved along. Yes, I'm making assumptions but I genuinely think they looked like we'd given up, which is opposite to last seasons team. 

I stand by things not being right at the club. 

I completely disagree that the team "looked like they'd given up". You can say what you want about ability etc but in my opinion you're completely wrong about attitude.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Grant said:

Can't say I'd be upset if he left tbh, I don't mind pragmatic football if it's getting you results, I enjoy a good defensive performance (Really enjoyed our win away at Cappielow with regards to this) but for the most part the football we play is so, so dull. 

On one hand you could say he's been unfortunate with injuries, on the other you can say that they've maybe stopped allot of criticism coming his way, we've had a full squad for the last few games and it's been dreadful. 

The football wasn't a great watch last season but we got the results and won the league. This season you could say we have only played well twice at home. 

The board will come out and say he met his target of avoiding relegation and was plagued with injuries.

The reality is he won't be going and we will still have the the rubbish players who have been tied down on long contracts.

I will always be happy with a winning team and always unhappy with a losing one, I don't particularly care how either is achieved.

Never heard a successful teams fans complain about boring football, nor a unsuccessful team's happy that their team are playing in a so called entertaining way.

Mcpake will be here next season guaranteed, If he doesn't look like were fighting at the top end of the table at any point he'll face alot of pressure, The board will too, especially the fussball element. 

1 hour ago, Piracy said:

Your confidence is heartening. 

Anyone watching the last few cannot fail to see the lack of confidence in our ability and game plan. I think there's something affecting things behind the scenes. There's an almost prevelant air of apathy about the club on match days.

I hope James McPake stays and gets full backing from the club over the summer. He does do a lot of analytical stuff and talks really enthusiasticly about learning about the game. I think he's an honest and passionate guy.

I'm not convinced about the board and their future plans for the development playing side, which is what most fans worry about. There's 2 consecutive seasons of heavy financial losses to consider and the intention to reign in the spending and how that influences signings. It's great that board to say that Gmbh Fussball were absolutely willing put their hand in to their pocket to put the necessary £300k in to the development of the academy/training facilities, but how long will they keep putting substantial sums of cash into the club? 

I do think this season has sucked a lot of life out of the people involved at the club.  It’s been a tortuous one with a whole bunch of factors that’s been tough.  Factually (discuss reasons in a bit), here’s what it’s been like:-

- injury list to key personnel at difficult times
- defeats against Raith and their comparative performances

- poor financial results

- poor transfer windows with late arrivals

- negative PR against club and SNW after the Raith laddie got set about by idiots

It’s a pretty draining list, many of these factors either partly or totally outwith the clubs control.   I say partly because for one, i still maintain that the recruitment has been light and late in both windows which has exacerbated results and injury list.    I also think the complete radio silence at times from the boardroom hasn’t helped.  Not quite expecting the monthly YouTube conversation from the CEO that Barrowman gives, but at least something from the board as a fans update a quarter - just something!?  I keep saying that I see more paid staff but less in terms of quality of output from what I see.   Is that because all the good work that has been done simply isn’t being communicated?

By the way, all this could easily have happened under previous boards too in terms of the issues of this season.  The apathy that Piracy has referred to has appeared in the club well before the recent GmbH team came on board.  It would be churlish and incorrect to say it wasn’t there for example, in AJs last season.  

I do think there is a cultural issue at the club, and those who have been there for a while need to maybe reflect on that.  Some change maybe is needed but I don’t think the manager is entirely the issue.  Still would have liked to have seen how McPake would have done in the first half of the season if he had a bigger squad and not so many key players out.  That said, the style of football recently and in many parts of the season has been utterly atrocious.  Thats on him.

As for the GmbH, jury’s out for me.  All this extra investment yet since they came on board, objectively speaking we have gone backwards on the park, and off the park financially.  Thats not an opinion, it’s a fact when compare their tenure like for like with previous. 

Season ahead looks like it could be a huge opportunity to go for automatic promotion considering the other sides in this league, and our size as a club.  Any objective other than winning the damn thing, and there have to be questions asked about the ambition of those involved.

3 hours ago, Rossmcno1 said:

I do think there is a cultural issue at the club

Aye that's maybe true,  there's an attempt to put this laughable sportsmanship thing forward and a push on youth,  but I don't think we've properly developed a cohesive culture.

For me fundamentally we need a relentless pursuit on winning to be at the heart of things and that seems very far from our focus right now.

Edited by parsforlife
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Rossmcno1 said:

Season ahead looks like it could be a huge opportunity to go for automatic promotion considering the other sides in this league, and our size as a club.  Any objective other than winning the damn thing, and there have to be questions asked about the ambition of those involved.

There is no way we'll be getting automatic promotion, as long as Raith have better players than us . We gonna need a load of signings in, with the same out. Wonder if we could swap Craig Wighton for Sam Stanton?  Seriously though, we need to get a squad assembled close season. That's up to the board. If we not looking like getting a Play Off spot, then maybe James McPake will have taken us as far as he can. I still say if he can get the right players, he'll do a job for us.

19 hours ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Nothing wrong with the time wasting today - we had one job today, which was not to lose and stay in the division.  It was especially important given what Queens Park were up to.

The issue with lack of ambition was last Saturday.

I would suggest that most home games were about lack of ambition.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

I completely disagree that the team "looked like they'd given up". You can say what you want about ability etc but in my opinion you're completely wrong about attitude.

You're perfectly entitled to 100% disagree with anything I post, I've no issue with that at all. I was raging yesterday and I don't usually rant at the manager and players but that performance was pathetic. No idea idea if it could be attributed to fear of losing or lack of confidence in the game plan, but it was not acceptable. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Aye that's maybe true,  there's an attempt to put forward this laughable sportsmanship thing forward and a push on youth,  but I don't think we've properly developed a cohesive culture.

For me fundamentally we need a relentless pursuit on winning to be at the heart of things and that seems very far from our focus right now.

I think it’s going to be an interesting pre season. 

56 minutes ago, Piracy said:

You're perfectly entitled to 100% disagree with anything I post, I've no issue with that at all. I was raging yesterday and I don't usually rant at the manager and players but that performance was pathetic. No idea idea if it could be attributed to fear of losing or lack of confidence in the game plan, but it was not acceptable. 

I think everyone connected to the Pars were frightened of losing yesterday. Its only natural. I was dreading the game and I'm just an ageing overweight loudmouth in the Norrie.

Edited by da_no_1

12 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

I think everyone connected to the Pars were frightened of losing yesterday. Its only natural. I was dreading the game and I'm just an ageing overweight loudmouth in the Norrie.

I'm an overweight loudmouth in the NW.