Dunfermline v Queens Park Play Off 2nd leg.

scottyboy

So there we have it, confirmation our squad are woefull, that formation is and always has been hopeless and the team were no where good enough to see off anyone from league one.

I know where we start, get that clown out but after that I haven't a clue.

Really can't see anything positive for next season. Few years back in League one I reckon. Club really have hit rock bottom with the fans. 

Edited by Al k
Can only image the scenes at the moment

My tuppence worth for what its worth,  we should never have been a full time team for a few seasons now,   throwing good money after bad,  We are not a BIG club and have not been for years and never will be in the foreseeable future ,   We have not a hope in Hell of being a premier team,   We need to go back to basics,   go part time,  get players who want to play not players who think they can play, forget all the tried and failed Scottish manager merry go round, get some young blood in with new ideas,   perhaps the Germans can help,  Then perhaps we can give the loyal fans something to be proud of again,   I am a lucky man I have seen and supported the club during the good, best, glory years,    I will continue to support them,    This is a sad day for all concerned 

For what it's worth, I still don't think the squad is terrible. I think there's enough decent players there to have the makings of a half decent side. What we have had this season is not one, but two absolute f***wits in charge.

If Hughes isn't out by next week, then there's no sanity left at EEP.

• Upvote 1

I'm no gonna let that ruin ma night. Well done Queens Park, should've went for the jugular the moment Ambrose saw red and scored earlier.  For fellow fans who want change, my advice is keep your season ticket money in yir pocket. What were the chances of signing 2 bosses, not up to it in one season. The board should be getting the stick, no just  JH. The most important person at a football club is the manager, even if the board get things right behind the scenes. 

Edited by scottyboy
I am saying keep yir money in your pocket.

Just now, 1950Par said:

My tuppence worth for what its worth,  we should never have been a full time team for a few seasons now,   throwing good money after bad,  We are not a BIG club and have not been for years and never will be in the foreseeable future ,   We have not a hope in Hell of being a premier team,   We need to go back to basics,   go part time,  get players who want to play not players who think they can play, forget all the tried and failed Scottish manager merry go round, get some young blood in with new ideas,   perhaps the Germans can help,  Then perhaps we can give the loyal fans something to be proud of again,   I am a lucky man I have seen and supported the club during the good, best, glory years,    I will continue to support them,    This is a sad day for all concerned 

I really cannot agree on the "Big Club" statement as a club is only as big as its support and the potential support base for Dunfermline up there with the Dundee clubs and is far in excess of St Johnstone, Livingstone, Motherwell and St Mirren. We can match Kilmarnock at times and even give the Edinburgh clubs a run when they are not playing well. This side underperformed for the majority of games and we saw a few glimpses of how good they could be. If I knew why and how to fix it I would make Billions. We are where we are and have to rise again. I have seen that when we were at a real low in 1983 and turned it around. On return from working away I watched Jim Leishman take a team from that low to the dizzy heights and that was a fantastic journey. Townhill Junket supporters away days will never be forgot. Getting into the PL was like winning the European Cup. COYP.

• Upvote 1

We are a big club.

Unfortunately we’ve been run by amateurs on footballing matters, with a complete acceptance of mediocrity and lack of ambition. 

It’s come home to roost.  

Training ground etc must continue, we must rebuild completely.  Full change needed.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Rossmcno1 said:

We are a big club.

Unfortunately we’ve been run by amateurs on footballing matters, with a complete acceptance of mediocrity and lack of ambition. 

It’s come home to roost.  

Training ground etc must continue, we must rebuild completely.  Full change needed.

FWIW I think the board have got the finances right and stabalised the club behind the scenes. It's the managerial appointments that have been poor.

• Upvote 3