Coll Donaldson

rosythpar

He was one of my players of the season imo. I'll admit to being disappointed that he has signed for a rival team. I suppose as a player you want to be playing in front of a positive support,  some of ours have been poisonous. I do wonder in Pybus case if that influenced any potential decision for him to resign. It may also impact on any future signings too.

20 minutes ago, Superally said:

He was one of my players of the season imo. I'll admit to being disappointed that he has signed for a rival team. I suppose as a player you want to be playing in front of a positive support  some of ours have been poisonous. I do wonder in Pybus case if that influenced any potential decision for him to resign. It may also impact on any future signings too.

I thought he did ok in a very poor team.  He was probably made to look better than he actually was. There was something about him I couldn’t take to, attitude or behaviour, can’t put finger on it - but I’m not that bothered. 

If he’s going to falkirk to play for a less poisonous support when things are bad….he’s got a surprise coming!  For all east end can be poisonous when it bad, Grangemouth is a whole different level.  We were meek in comparison to our respective reactions to relegation!

1 hour ago, Rossmcno1 said:

I thought he did ok in a very poor team.  He was probably made to look better than he actually was. There was something about him I couldn’t take to, attitude or behaviour, can’t put finger on it - but I’m not that bothered. 

I'm struggling to understand how you reach any of those conclusions tbh. He was head and shoulders above anyone who played Centre back last year, including Connolly who I also liked. He was a leader, aggressive, competitive, and attacked every ball, he even chipped in with goals and I can think of only one or two poor games he had.

He was our best player last year by quite some distance, even though he only signed in January.

I was disappointed as I didn't think he would drop down to League 1. I'm now even more gutted that he has, and he's signed for THEM.

• Upvote 4

33 minutes ago, Digs said:

I'm struggling to understand how you reach any of those conclusions tbh. He was head and shoulders above anyone who played Centre back last year, including Connolly who I also liked. He was a leader, aggressive, competitive, and attacked every ball, he even chipped in with goals and I can think of only one or two poor games he had.

He was our best player last year by quite some distance, even though he only signed in January.

I was disappointed as I didn't think he would drop down to League 1. I'm now even more gutted that he has, and he's signed for THEM.

Suppose it’s all about opinions. 

I found last seasons team and squad immensely dislikable across the board.   I don’t think my take was particularly wild to be honest.  

He arrived with a stinking reputation from previous clubs, proceeded to be part of tha awful 5-0 thudding v Morton, credit where it’s due improved but then towards tail end of season was not very good.   I can’t sit and give detailed analytical reasons behind intricate parts of his game with the backing of any formal coaching badges, however I’m still more than comfortable saying over the season he was just ok, and the performances of others that were horrendous made him look not as bad.  That said - Not one player last season did more than ok for me right enough!

As for my thoughts on his demeanour and general behaviours, i like to watch players and how they are and how they interact with people(teammates opponents others).  You know sometimes you just get a hunch about a player, that’s it for me.

There are plenty better out there, up to McPake and Meggle to find them.  I hope Donaldson has a horrendous time at Falkirk and proves me right😂

I think our teams recently haven't had characters, like we used to. I go to most home games and really don't recognise who they are. I could honestly walk past them  in the city centre and wouldn't have a clue. I reckon I would know who Dom Thomas was, if he was in Poundland.

Edited by scottyboy
And my eyesight is fine.

I don't agree scotty,  I have a lot of negatives to say but there's a many players at the club i'd have said at the club who had good character,  Jackob/OWF had it in goal,  donaldson and connelly were leaders,  thomas was a maverick.  The young boys especially mccann had clear hunger and weren't shy going toe to toe.  I'd have pybus, martin, edwards and comrie as good honest workers who kept their head down.  

Unfortunately there were some where you're assessment is 100% current but that isn't the whole squad.

5 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

62 years old?

efe's only 33, he just plays like he's 62.

52 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I don't agree scotty,  I have a lot of negatives to say but there's a many players at the club i'd have said at the club who had good character,  Jackob/OWF had it in goal,  donaldson and connelly were leaders,  thomas was a maverick.  The young boys especially mccann had clear hunger and weren't shy going toe to toe.  I'd have pybus, martin, edwards and comrie as good honest workers who kept their head down.  

Unfortunately there were some where you're assessment is 100% current but that isn't the whole squad.

efe's only 33, he just plays like he's 62.

I wasn't meaning good character. Was more meaning somebody who stands out. Somebody like Ivo Den Bieman, Doug Rougvie, Andy Rhodes, Hamish French, Craig Brewster, George O'Boyle, Mikey Leonard and Ian Ferguson. Somebody who sticks out. If that makes sense. 

Edited by scottyboy
Basically, somebody who has something about them that you'll remember

30 minutes ago, scottyboy said:

I wasn't meaning good character. Was more meaning somebody who stands out. Somebody like Ivo Den Bieman, Doug Rougvie, Andy Rhodes, Hamish French, Craig Brewster, George O'Boyle, Mikey Leonard and Ian Ferguson. Somebody who sticks out. If that makes sense. 

Think that's more a sign of the times. Football is more sanitised than it was in the 80's and 90's. You have a lot of media trained players now who are taught to keep their head down  and keep out of trouble.  Back in the day you could make harder challenges on the pitch, be a bit more of a mavrick than fitting into a system. People were not quite as offended and players could express their personalities.

Edited by Tartan Army Par
  • Upvote 2