Transfer nonsense, gossip & rumours

Superally

20 hours ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

I've no idea if Burrell would be any good for us.  He looks like he is a bit of a handful if utilised properly but didn't ever cement a place in the Falkirk starting XI.  One thing I would say though is that I'd trust McPake & Co if they did sign him.  As he said on Open Goal the other night, we've only made 3 permanent signings since he joined - Little the sub keeper being one, with Benedictus and Hamilton being the others.  Pretty good record in the loan market too.

I think Burrell flatters to deceive, went to the Falkirk Airdrie game last week and he was anonymous and by all accounts he has spat the dummy out at Falkirk the sort of character we dont have in our dressing room at the moment.

• Upvote 1

Glad it’s finally announced, laddie is a pro and really consistent, building a head of steam for next year. Really pleasing that we are resting a core of talented players who get what the mighty DA is all about, not chopping and changing 3/4 of the squad every year. Feel good factor is back big time.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Superally said:

I hear Raith's keeper Jamie McDonald has turned down a new contract. He is pretty decent and If Mehmet is off he might be worth a look?

I would prefer that we gave a chance to a younger keeper tbh, if McDonald's the best available then sure but there are bound to be some decent keepers without a club in the summer.

I’m pleased Aaron has re-signed. He’s a proven talent at Championship level, only struggling last season due to terrible management. With the changes the new management has made I’m sure he will thrive. It’s good to see players making a career at East End rather than staying for one contract then moving on.

Hopefully the next signing is a goalie.