Transfer nonsense, gossip & rumours

Superally

1 minute ago, the saline hill puma said:

Mehmet signs again, for 3 years though. Poor bit of business imo

As good as he was last year he was awful the season before.

Interesting year for him, I'd have said a two year deal with another based on performance. Not really sure who is available at the moment that's an upgrade.

Certainly not an older Mcdonald.

Season 21/22 I thought Deniz Mehmet was dreadful but last year he was sound. I guess that its all down to confidence. Our defence conceded 21 goals all season in 22/23 -- comfortably the lowest number in British leagues. Now we get an opportunity to test that defence next season at a higher level and see what it can do.  The keeper, the back 4 and Hamilton as defensive midfielder are all signed on. It's not a bad place to start from. Of course there will be twists and turns in the road but I would anticipate another four or five signings and  a similar number of loans (but some of those slightly later). Fortunately I know absolutely nothing about the budgets these days -- and sleep all the better for it.

11 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

3 year deal Is way too much imo, was good last season but how much of that was due to the defence infront of him? Time will tell back up a level 

He’s part of the defence, he doesn’t just stand around waiting on the ball getting past those in front and then getting involved.

• Upvote 1