Transfer nonsense, gossip & rumours

Superally

In truth i'll admit to being slightly disappointed when he left. He is different to what we have already got and he is not a natural striker who is going to part of a developing build up in play. However, he is a predator and if we are chasing a game he is ideal in the box and creates a wee bit of mayhem. If he dosen't score he creates space for others.     

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I see the much fancied Charlie Reilly has been signed for Dundee on a 2yr contract from Albion Rovers. A massive jump going from that level all the way to the Premiership. Shades of when Fass left us - full of promise but ultimately the ambition perhaps killed off his career. There might be scope that they loan him out instead and perhaps it might be worth a look  

On 07/06/2023 at 17:53, Superally said:

In truth i'll admit to being slightly disappointed when he left. He is different to what we have already got and he is not a natural striker who is going to part of a developing build up in play. However, he is a predator and if we are chasing a game he is ideal in the box and creates a wee bit of mayhem. If he dosen't score he creates space for others.     

I think that Todorov has much to offer as a Pars player. He knows how to score in the box and we do not have a player that really does that. Wighton is getting there though. Scoring goals from many chances was a problem last year. Any option that can stick an important one away is good to me. Todrov for the Pars.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kelty_par said:

Nisbet to millwall now confirmed. Good bit of cash to help the club out 

Great news. Wish it had been the 3 million Birmingham offered, but never mind.

Well done to Ross McArthur and the old board for negotiating that sell on clause, could make such a difference now a few years later.

• Upvote 6

12 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

Saw a Hibee saying that the 30% thing is actually not 30% of the sale price, but 30% of the amount of the price that is above the 250k we got from Hibs in the first place.

He reckons it means 375k for us. No idea if he's right though.

Aye, It'll be 30% of the profit. 

Still a good chunk of money, hopefully it offsets last season, and a wee bit extra can be given to McPake for next season. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/06/2023 at 08:30, Grant said:

Still a good chunk of money, hopefully it offsets last season, and a wee bit extra can be given to McPake for next season. 

Exactly. It's money that won't have been budgeted for, so is a welcome bonus especially when you have Utd coming down with a huge parachute payment.