Transfer nonsense, gossip & rumours

Superally

Bit surprised that the reaction isn’t more positive to be honest.  Guy was tremendous last season, season before I think we can all agree a good part of that was the utter shambles in front of him (example - see Ross Grahams efforts in the last few weeks for United getting them relegated).  Any keeper would have struggled with that.  

It seems to me that one advantage we are trying to retain, is consistency at the back, the lengths of these deals illustrate that.  We’ve had a few seasons of almost full squad rotations and look where that has got us.  Stability is so underrated. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Rossmcno1 said:

Bit surprised that the reaction isn’t more positive to be honest.  Guy was tremendous last season, season before I think we can all agree a good part of that was the utter shambles in front of him (example - see Ross Grahams efforts in the last few weeks for United getting them relegated).  Any keeper would have struggled with that.  

It seems to me that one advantage we are trying to retain, is consistency at the back, the lengths of these deals illustrate that.  We’ve had a few seasons of almost full squad rotations and look where that has got us.  Stability is so underrated. 

Exactly how I see it Ross If he continues to improve as he has done from last season to this season  its a no brainer .. His confidence is good now as the defence all work and understand each other .. 

• Upvote 2

I said earlier I was happy to see him signed. If we were signing anyone else with the same record there would be no doubts about his signature. He is apart of a team with a solid defence and he plays a major part in that. We are going in to a new league campaign with a level of consistency and the confidence that goes with it. If anything it would be worthwhile getting the keeper coaching role more defined and improving that. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I’m a bit surprised that he re-signed as it took a bit of time to get over the line. He thoroughly deserves an offer given the part he played in an outstanding defensive record last season. Balanced against that last season was the first time he’d been first choice keeper and so a 3 year deal seems quite long. Hopefully it will work out well.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kelty_par said:

3 year deal Is way too much imo, was good last season but how much of that was due to the defence infront of him? Time will tell back up a level 

Given that most of that defence is already signed up, hopefully we'll see the same results or something close.

I'm absolutely delighted to see Mehmet signed up, and I think the 3 year deal could bode well for a future transfer fee as well.

Well done Pars, again.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rossmcno1 said:

Spot on.

• Upvote 1

I'm not disappointed that we have given Mehmet a new deal as he has massively improved under James McPake after I had him replacing Bryn Halliwell as my worst Pars keeper ever, and I am delighted that we got Kane Ritchie-Hosler.

I am however surprised that we are giving out 3 year deals given that in the past couple of seasons we were ripping up contracts willy nilly.

1 hour ago, Superally said:

Couple of decent signings, looks very much like there are using the new investment to make a challenge next season. Still the wee team though.

Three year contract for Mullins tho. Not so sure about that.