The Pars v Inverness CT

Superally

6 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Maybe it's just me but I didn't think we were all that great tbh. Probably the better team overall, and didn't deserve to lose, but that's about it. Game was pretty dismal for the most part. 

Listening on the radio with regular updates from my friend at the game It seemed a very good game. The Pars should have been 3 up and a very different approach to the second half. That is football but it still appeared to be a decent entertaining game. Wished I was there to moan and groan, criticise and then drink beer in the Commercial to sort it all out. Stuck in Kyle I do what I do. I did chuck a few quid at EEP during Covid. Always a Pars supporter all over the world - Bermuda, Helensburgh, Florida, Cyprus, Benbecula and now Kyle of Lochalsh. All down to work and where I made a living. The Paragon was the place to be when I was in Fife as a Pars supporter.

• Upvote 2

Point is fair over the course, bit strange in how we were better 1st half but went behind and they were better 2nd and we equalised.

Some will moan our luck over hitting the post so much but ultimately you need to put it in for it to count, nearly isn’t good enough.

Far happier with our chance creation this week, start doing that more often our strikers will get an opportunity to build their confidence and be less statchy in front of goal.

Edited by parsforlife
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Lochalsh Par said:

Say what you like about Duncan Ferguson. He was a really good player. He was a real hero at Everton and when I was winching my Liverpool Wife in 2002 I met many Toffees in Old Swan who loved him and Walter smith. They were less impressed when I mentioned that Dunfermline beat them in the Fairs Cup. He is making ICT work and his after match comments were very honest. We lost 2 points today and again at home. Down to just not hitting the target. Great play by the outfield players in the first half. We have a pretty good team but just need a proven goal scorer.

I'm not sure if I missed something, yet to meet an Everton fan that liked or loved Walter Smith. 

Smashed the woodwork around 8 times during the game. This added to our general lack of ability to score fairly competently tells its own story. McPake needs to really work on this with his players, it's costing us.

Incidentally I didn't think we played badly at all, just frustrating. 

Overall I'm not too concerned about our general performances but the longer we go without winning games it will begin to eat at the teams morale.