Transfer window

Al k

1 minute ago, Raymie said:

Just read that, for anyone not with a courier subscription. 

Bene - Another 8 weeks at least

Comrie - 4/6 weeks. 

Jak - Month 

Breen - Month

Todd - Month (And this is good news!) 

Again, while we may not be in a relegation battle now, unless we get some reinforcements in we will be soon. 

44 minutes ago, Digs said:

I'm not sure what you're getting at with your last point. I'd have thought that was obvious. It's not a risk to try and improve your infrastructure, and it may not come with guarantees, but our club will be in a better place with it in place rather than without. What is a risk, is putting that to one side, in order to concentrate on reaching the top division, which clearly implies spending that money put aside for it by adding it to the playing budget which is never going to happen, because as I say, they have clear plans to do both. That is what the initial post I responded to was suggesting. Even if it did happen, there is lots of evidence to prove that that definitely wouldn't guarantee success.

Maybe you thought it was obvious, but I’m not totally convinced it is, maybe not from you but I think a lot of talk around the long term protect seems to suggest things like youth teams and selling players on is an achievement in itself, it’s a potential route to success, but not a prerequisite as grant has shown.

Infrastructure projects come with risk, I’m not suggesting this is happening but there’s a long list of companies who have made significant infrastructure investments and it ended up being a noose around their neck.   All future planning needs to recognition of that, along with the potential opportunities that may arrive.  I’d be alarmed if that’s not being discussed at board level, obviously they believe the opportunity’s out way the risk.

Businesses move resources between projects constantly to adapt to a changing environment it’s not abandoning one to redirect to another.

12 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

So assuming McCann is out we will have one ( semi) fit senior forward in the shape of Wighton, shakes head in disbelief .  

I think McCann was hoped to be back this weekend. 

I think that leaves us

*Fit* 

Mehmet, Sharp, Little

Edwards

Chalmers, Allan, MoH, Moffat

*Might be fit/Playing through injury*

Hamilton

Summers

Wighton, McCann

3 minutes ago, Grant said:

Heard that this morning, apparently in for Ashcroft too. Have a full team of ex-pars.

Rovers fans still wanting a couple more in, seriously short memories on the state of their club last march. If they do a repeat of queens park be interesting to see their financials. Dean never put this much "conservatory" money into KH.

Meanwhile we need to bring a couple in for cover at least. A third of the way through the window and have no confidence what so ever.

I don't mind us being prudent but nearly half our available players are carrying knocks and a midfield with two players that can't tackle playing teams around us in our next few games. 

24 minutes ago, Grant said:

I think McCann was hoped to be back this weekend. 

I think that leaves us

*Fit* 

Mehmet, Sharp, Little

Edwards

Chalmers, Allan, MoH, Moffat

*Might be fit/Playing through injury*

Hamilton

Summers

Wighton, McCann

The majority of the ones who are fit have been miles off it and in an ideal world would be benched. Still can't believe MOH got a 2 year contract.

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately the injuies will hamper results just now and obviously the injured lads too. Unless we can get some short term loans in, then it'll be a tough start to 2024 for a fèw month's. Hopefully the young lads can do something to give us hope. We not at panic stations yet, but need to get some points on the board. Airdrie will go for the jugular, knowing that we are weakened. Hopefully show they bassas.