Transfer window

Al k

6 minutes ago, Digs said:

That was never the intention and they have been crystal clear about that from day one saying it multiple times. Building a sustainable infrastructure for long term gain has always been their priority. I don't understand why people still think this tbh.

I know that's what the board have always said but to play devil's advocate I'm questioning if we could've got the team into a better league position before investing in pretty major infrastructre projects that will carry fairly hefty outlay and running costs annually too whilst in the lower leagues.

My worry is that we are putting money into this project whilst the team continues to get nowhere near the Premiership. Hope it all works out and we are producing youth to sell on to cover costs annually but there's no guarentees that will happen.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Digs said:

Unlikely as that page talks utter bobbins pretty much 100% of the time. Makes stuff up, and posts fan rumours. I guarantee you could make something up and it would end up on his page. 

Agreed, it was more in response to grants suggestion we are looking for a GK.  I trust him more than random transfer pages. 

1 hour ago, Digs said:

That was never the intention and they have been crystal clear about that from day one saying it multiple times. Building a sustainable infrastructure for long term gain has always been their priority. I don't understand why people still think this tbh.

We aren’t going to be sustainable much if they don’t help the manager out and sign players, risking relegation would be crazy 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Digs said:

Part of us being sustainable is surely being a top four championship club at the least? We lost a fortune being in league one last season. If these injuries continue to pile up there's every chance it happens again. 

• Upvote 4

Also a decent wack for every league position lost. Theres no need to go out signing players on year and half deals and splashing needless money.

Surely we can look at a short term loan for a couple of players to boost the squad a bit. A months emergency or 2/3 month loan.

If we don't get a player in then we haven't learned a single thing about squad management and rushing players back. If we don't have a single body in this week its really not great at all. 

• Upvote 1

I'm sure we'll be looking to add to the squad, obviously it's a present requirement given our current plight. What I don't want are panic signings seeing the team filled with overpriced and substandard jobbers. 

Just been on Twitter and there's a few of our fans losing their nerve and composure. Rabbiting on about academy, absent German owners, who's fault are the injuries yadda yadda. There's a way to approach resolving problems and issues and the aggressive reactionary nature of some fitbaw fans certainly isn't the way. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Al k said:

Also a decent wack for every league position lost. Theres no need to go out signing players on year and half deals and splashing needless money.

Surely we can look at a short term loan for a couple of players to boost the squad a bit. A months emergency or 2/3 month loan.

If we don't get a player in then we haven't learned a single thing about squad management and rushing players back. If we don't have a single body in this week its really not great at all. 

Loans need to be at minimum until the start of the next window, as are any contracts we hand out

3 hours ago, Piracy said:

I'm sure we'll be looking to add to the squad, obviously it's a present requirement given our current plight. What I don't want are panic signings seeing the team filled with overpriced and substandard jobbers. 

Just been on Twitter and there's a few of our fans losing their nerve and composure. Rabbiting on about academy, absent German owners, who's fault are the injuries yadda yadda. There's a way to approach resolving problems and issues and the aggressive reactionary nature of some fitbaw fans certainly isn't the way. 

Here a top tip for you.

Dont read fans comments on social media.  Facebook and Twitter.  Honestly - complete cesspits the pair of them.

5 hours ago, Rossmcno1 said:

Here a top tip for you.

Dont read fans comments on social media.  Facebook and Twitter.  Honestly - complete cesspits the pair of them.

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately I encounter similar behaviours and points of view in the pub, work and at matches. I'm refusing to hide away though 😊

13 hours ago, Grant said:

Part of us being sustainable is surely being a top four championship club at the least? We lost a fortune being in league one last season. If these injuries continue to pile up there's every chance it happens again. 

So the answer is abandon their ten year plan for short termism? That makes no sense. The two things aren't mutually exclusive and I'm pretty sure they aren't just hoping for the best. Do people not remember where we were chucking good money after bad chasing a pipe dream?

Clearly the team needs bodies. That doesn;t mean an entire business plan should be chucked out the window in the hope that we might get some extra money from being promoted. Being promoted would absolutely not have been the target at the start of the season, they are far more conservative and patient than we are clearly. We are currently 4 points off the playoff, with a game in hand and playing the team currently in fourth on Saturday with 17 games to go. Realistic talk of relegation is knee jerk nonsense.

We're closer to the playoffs than we are relegation so people need to stop wetting their knickers and calm down. Our support is so bipolar it's ridiculous. Win a couple of games we're talking about catching 3rd, lose a couple then we're in a relegation battle. It's a crazy way of thinking. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Piracy said:

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately I encounter similar behaviours and points of view in the pub, work and at matches. I'm refusing to hide away though 😊

Social media I find much more poisonous than anything face to face.  I refuse to engage with the numpties or let them even be dignified by a response.  Surprised you get such behaviour at your local pub and work.