Transfer window

Al k

I thin people assume that his job title means his main focus is to watch players when in all likelihood, especially since his job title seems to imply a wider role, that he co-ordinates the scouting and the reporting and is the go between with the management team and the actual scouts telling them what we need and reporting back to the management team. That would make more sense to me.

34 minutes ago, Tartan Army Par said:

These twitter transfer rumour sites just throw as much syte at a wall and hope that some sticks. Totally unreliable.

Aye, it's already been deleted because it doesn't look like it's happening! 

Hopefully at least one new face in by Saturday. The u16 squad got told last night some of them will be playing for the u18s on Friday. A grandparent of one of the u16s was telling me it looks like seven u18s will be on the bench on Saturday.

Just now, rosythpar said:

Hopefully at least one new face in by Saturday. The u16 squad got told last night some of them will be playing for the u18s on Friday. A grandparent of one of the u16s was telling me it looks like seven u18s will be on the bench on Saturday.

Shouldn't be a hopefully, its a must. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Al k said:

Shouldn't be a hopefully, its a must. 

I don't think we will see as many new faces as people expect. Money is very tight and about a month ago I was told by a mate to expect no new signings in January. Things have obviously changed since then with the injury list growing.

1 hour ago, rosythpar said:

I don't think we will see as many new faces as people expect. Money is very tight and about a month ago I was told by a mate to expect no new signings in January. Things have obviously changed since then with the injury list growing.

Hope ur wrong like, but looks that way with money, playing squad takes priority over training ground or any other projects or were sleeping walking to relegation again imo.  

• Upvote 3

Just hope the training ground/academy is worth the investment. Not many clubs with better facilities than we are going to have are churning out a production line of quality young players.

It's ambitious but I can't help thinking investment in the first team and getting to the Premiership with the TV money would be an easier and quicker way of building the club and then look at academy/training ground etc as a top division side.

3 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Baffling if that’s true 

Unlikely as that page talks utter bobbins pretty much 100% of the time. Makes stuff up, and posts fan rumours. I guarantee you could make something up and it would end up on his page. 

11 minutes ago, Tartan Army Par said:

Just hope the training ground/academy is worth the investment. Not many clubs with better facilities than we are going to have are churning out a production line of quality young players.

It's ambitious but I can't help thinking investment in the first team and getting to the Premiership with the TV money would be an easier and quicker way of building the club and then look at academy/training ground etc as a top division side.

That was never the intention and they have been crystal clear about that from day one saying it multiple times. Building a sustainable infrastructure for long term gain has always been their priority. I don't understand why people still think this tbh.

• Upvote 1