Transfer window

Al k

16 minutes ago, Grant said:

Seems to be going hand in hand with the rumour that McCann might be going to St Johnstone. 

Aye, looking at P&B it does seem to be driven by St Johnston fans. I have have absolute horror memories when we sold Andy Rhodes and George O'Boyle to St Johnstone and we got Roddy Grant and Lindsay Hamilton as part of the deal. Even typing this makes me cringe 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Superally said:

Aye, looking at P&B it does seem to be driven by St Johnston fans. I have have absolute horror memories when we sold Andy Rhodes and George O'Boyle to St Johnstone and we got Roddy Grant and Lindsay Hamilton as part of the deal. Even typing this makes me cringe 

To help to calibrate your blood pressure, O'Boyle was at the Pars until 1994 and left under freedom of contract. Hamilton and Grant signed 2 years before then.

Edited by DA-go Par Adonis
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

To help to calibrate your blood pressure, O'Boyle was at the Pars until 1994 and left under freedom of contract. Hamilton and Grant signed 2 years before then.

I would add that the Pars paid for a very lengthy rehab after O'Boyle had a long term injury and the wee horror repaid this by taking an offer from the Saints. He then sniffed his career up his nose. Karma.

1 hour ago, Lochalsh Par said:

I would add that the Pars paid for a very lengthy rehab after O'Boyle had a long term injury and the wee horror repaid this by taking an offer from the Saints. He then sniffed his career up his nose. Karma.

To be fair to O'Boyle he was offered next to nothing by us and told no-one else would sign him due to his injuries.

St Johnstone offered him a contract and I'm sure we refused to match it. So he left and we then got very little for him at a transfer tribunal. 

I'm sure he didn't want to leave but couldn't afford to live on the wage offered. That's what i've been told by a former club official.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Al k said:

To be fair to O'Boyle he was offered next to nothing by us and told no-one else would sign him due to his injuries.

St Johnstone offered him a contract and I'm sure we refused to match it. So he left and we then got very little for him at a transfer tribunal. 

I'm sure he didn't want to leave but couldn't afford to live on the wage offered. That's what i've been told by a former club official.

It was also.on one of the podcasts. I'm sure he said Mr D'Mello tabled the offer and when he knocked it back he was told no-one else would want him.

Edited by da_no_1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Was just about to post this.

The deal in 1992 was that St. Johnstone got Rhodes and we got Hamilton and Grant.

To add to the other posts about O'Boyle's fee.  It was decided by tribunal after we wanted 10 times the amount that St. Johnstone were willing to pay.  

The tribunal judge ruled that we should receive £200,000 as it would be the highest transfer fee ever between two first division clubs at that time.

The reason O'Boyle got such a hard time after leaving is because he said something along the lines of "St. Johnstone might be in the First Division but they are a Premier Division club".