Transfer window

Al k

In all seriousness, we aren't a mile miles away. Having our arguably best midfielders in defence really isn't doing us any good. 

Two defensive options and another attacking option we should be good. Think we really need that, not as a wishlist but required. 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Al k said:

Danny Wilson released by Colorado worth an enquiry for a short term punt? 

My initial presumption would be that his sights would be set higher than our level, he'd surely pick up a prem club no bother? 

11 minutes ago, Grant said:

My initial presumption would be that his sights would be set higher than our level, he'd surely pick up a prem club no bother? 

You would think, might not want to come back on a perm basis? Chance to get game time he's not had in the last season and in the shop window before the window closes again.

I'm completely clutch straws here but just short term thinking.

I watched Wilson play centre back for Colorado against my new home team Austin back in March.  I would be very very (pleasantly) surprised if he’d entertain us.  Salary wise we’d be lucky to offer a fifth of what he’s been earning.

We do need help. A couple of weeks ago, it looked liked we were getting some back but in fact, we are suffering the opposite. 

I watched Summers take a heavy blow on his ankle on Tuesday. I’m sure he would have been subbed if we’d have had an option 

• Upvote 1

McPake just been on the news saying defensive players are a priority and we are looking at loans and players out of contract both north and south of the border, and are currently having players watched. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Digs said:

McPake just been on the news saying defensive players are a priority and we are looking at loans and players out of contract both north and south of the border, and are currently having players watched. 

Wonder what players are out of contract? The only one that springs to mind is Reilly at Raith Rovers. 

It may be quite challenging to get the players McPake has in mind. 

1. Do they want to come to the Pars?
2. Is their club prepared to release them?
3. Can we afford their wage demands?
4. Are other clubs with more financial muscle in for them?
5. Are they of good character and unlikely to disrupt the harmony in the squad?

1 hour ago, Digs said:

Hopefully means our chief scout will be attending games instead of sitting in the dugout

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Hopefully means our chief scout will be attending games instead of sitting in the dugout

Would it not be better if we just had a dedicated chief scout? On the Cows it says his job title is "CHIEF SCOUT/FIRST TEAM OPERATIONS Co-ordination" 

To me those aren't similar roles, and you can see why with the second one he's around the first team on match days. 

However surely your Chief Scout should be a dedicated job role? It's little wonder we've struggled to bring in players if we don't have one... 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Grant said:

Would it not be better if we just had a dedicated chief scout? On the Cows it says his job title is "CHIEF SCOUT/FIRST TEAM OPERATIONS Co-ordination" 

To me those aren't similar roles, and you can see why with the second one he's around the first team on match days. 

However surely your Chief Scout should be a dedicated job role? It's little wonder we've struggled to bring in players if we don't have one... 

Even more bizzare is that part of the sell when the hamburg based consortium came in was that a larger scouting network was to come in as part of the model.

In terms of the roles, I could see how they may require similar skill sets, particularly if it is as imagine largely data based work. But in terms of output I agree they aren't similar and should be separated.

With the data available recruitment is changing and there are clubs at a far higher level than us that will sign players without having them watched in the traditional sense and it works out ok, but it is a far higher level and they have way more data points available to work with.