Transfer window

Al k

So we have signed a player that can play on the right hand side but can play CB but he’s not played that position before? 
We are crying out for a CB that can lead the line… I’m a bit puzzled by this signing tbh. 
Hope the lad does well whatever position he’s put in.

The boy has played 150 games in the English lower leagues (few of us have any idea what position he played in all of those), Martindale said when he signed he could play in a variety of positions, he seemingly played CB for Livi in pre-season - and we play a back 3.

We're also going through a season where everyone is getting injured. It seems a logical signing based on that.

He might be dire. He might break a bone tomorrow and never kick a ball for us. As it stands today, it seems to make sense.

3 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

The boy has played 150 games in the English lower leagues (few of us have any idea what position he played in all of those), Martindale said when he signed he could play in a variety of positions, he seemingly played CB for Livi in pre-season - and we play a back 3.

We're also going through a season where everyone is getting injured. It seems a logical signing based on that.

He might be dire. He might break a bone tomorrow and never kick a ball for us. As it stands today, it seems to make sense.

It’s a gamble but hope the lad can fit in the defence. At least he had a bit of experience behind him playing in England. 

2 hours ago, Raymie said:

Benjamin looks really raw. Long term prospect?

I don't really see it tbh. 

44 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

So we have signed a player that can play on the right hand side but can play CB but he’s not played that position before? 
We are crying out for a CB that can lead the line… I’m a bit puzzled by this signing tbh. 
Hope the lad does well whatever position he’s put in.

Aye I'm the same. 

We actually seem quite well covered at RB/RWB (unless Comrie has picked up an injury?) and we looked better with four at the back on Saturday. The signing of Ashcroft in that regard made perfect sense. 

To go from Ashcroft to this player is a bit confusing tbh, they don't seem similar? 

7 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

The boy has played 150 games in the English lower leagues (few of us have any idea what position he played in all of those), 

If you go on transfermarket it'll give you a breakdown of how much he's played in each respective position. 

Welcome to the Pars Miles.

This clearly isn’t the plan A but that isn’t his fault and, while not playing much this season he does have 150 senior games under his belt. I imagine he goes straight into the starting 11 tomorrow.

I feel this will be the last bit of business during the loan window.

6 minutes ago, Grant said:

I don't really see it tbh. 

Aye I'm the same. 

We actually seem quite well covered at RB/RWB (unless Comrie has picked up an injury?) and we looked better with four at the back on Saturday. The signing of Ashcroft in that regard made perfect sense. 

To go from Ashcroft to this player is a bit confusing tbh, they don't seem similar? 

If you go on transfermarket it'll give you a breakdown of how much he's played in each respective position. 

Exactly Grant, it doesn’t make sense when we need a decent centre back and get another player that supposedly can play a lot of positions… we have players that can do this but its obvious they can’t play a variety of positions🤷 It’s a strange(or much cheaper) signing to be made when we require a bit of experience heading into the last quarter of games when injured players are hopefully starting to return…🤷

4 minutes ago, Number Eleven said:

Welcome to the Pars Miles.

This clearly isn’t the plan A but that isn’t his fault and, while not playing much this season he does have 150 senior games under his belt. I imagine he goes straight into the starting 11 tomorrow.

I feel this will be the last bit of business during the loan window.

I don't think he's plan B and I think we will still see and experienced centre back still come in. I think he could well be plan A for another position.

• Upvote 3

Great to see another signing but it is another new face. Because of injury we have had players all over the place. A decent defence relies on continuity and stability and for reasons out with the managers control we have not had that this season. The keeper needs confidence in the 4 in front of him and he has to know how they play. That takes games to accumulate. We are running out of time. Oh for a Doug Rougvie to come in and steady the ship. Miles is over 6Ft and regarded as a tough tackler so he is 60 % of the way there for me. Welcome Miles and get stuck in

• Upvote 2